PDA

View Full Version : Would i have trouble ??

mcloughlin2
Sun Oct 23, 2005, 09:53 AM
Heys guys ... :P

I am thinking of getting some breeding electric yellows and i was wondering if i would have trouble selling any babies i manage to grow up ..?

Also how long would it take the babies to reach about 3cm ?

Thanks ,

Sam ... :D

Ben
Sun Oct 23, 2005, 10:11 AM
Good question!

I guess it would be up to you wether you want to breed them for fun or to make money. I would suggest growing them for fun!
As for prices and how long they take to grow i am not sure as i dont keep any african fish.
Sorry i cant be of any more help, but i know of other forum members that will be able to help here!

cheers
Ben

Merrilyn
Sun Oct 23, 2005, 11:15 AM
Good quality electric yellows are always in demand, but they must be a clear yellow, with no black contaminating the yellow.

Never feed them on tetrabits, because it turns them a slight orange colour. Not a desirable trait.

You won't get a lot of money for the fry, but you should find that most aquarium shops will take them. You'll find very few will pay for them, most will give you store credit.

HTH

axelfaz
Sun Oct 23, 2005, 11:25 AM
hi sam
electric yellows are a popular african so selling them is not a problem in canberra i was getting 4 to 5 dollars for a 5 to 6cm fish these took 3 to 4 months to grow out.

i hope this helps

Cameron

mcloughlin2
Sun Oct 23, 2005, 09:45 PM
Cameron , how big was your tank the electric yellows babies were in? and how many water chages were u doin ?

Thanks

Sam ... :D

axelfaz
Sun Oct 23, 2005, 11:19 PM
hi cam a 3 ft large 200l water change eveyday 20 to 30% hope that helps mate.

Cameron

axelfaz
Sun Oct 23, 2005, 11:22 PM
sorry i meant hi sam :oops: :oops: :roll: