PDA

View Full Version : wird white speck

look@thefish
Tue Oct 18, 2005, 03:50 AM
Im wondering my female turq has this TINY LIL white dot, and it is very small. Its NOT cotton wool looking, so i guess its not white spot..
it 's really small like tinest lil dot
I havnt added any new fish, ph is netural, and theres no nitrates or ammonia in the water??

HOWEVER i did trasfeer the discus from a 3 foot tank to a 4 foot tank, about 4 weeks ago. 4 foot tank was established somtime ago, maybe 7-8months ago, never had no problems) Im wondering if this dot could be from netting her? she layed some eggs about 2 days ago.. they ate them of course again) could it be from the male?

Does it need to be treated. eating feeding and shitting ok.
Would it hurt to transfeer it into the quantine tank?

Merrilyn
Tue Oct 18, 2005, 01:14 PM
Okay, this is interesting. Where abouts on the body is the white spot, and how big would you say it is, like the top of a pin or bigger.

Don't treat with anything just yet. I need you to observe the fish for a day or so. Can you possibly get a picture, because that would be a big help.

If the fish is still eating normally and laying eggs, it's obviously not bothering it too much, but we do need to work out what it is.

look@thefish
Tue Oct 18, 2005, 08:21 PM
I have tried to take a pic (but my cam has no focus) and doesnt seem to pick it up.

This is on the right hand side of her body and is sitting just behind a black bar about half way down her side. I can notice it beacuse it should really be blue there. It is the size of a pins tip (the finest end not the head)
and if u look closely is almost sticks out a lil (not a hole lot but is a tad raised)

Thanks any help muchly appreciated

look@thefish
Tue Oct 18, 2005, 10:07 PM
Okays so this morning it must be a tad bigger (because i WAS able to get it on cam)

Sorry its not too clear, this morning it almost looks like a white pimple circled ring and is now visible front on, pokes out a lil?? im wondering could this be the start of white spot?

WEIRD, i think sumthing is deffiantly up, i have never seen this b4?

Sorry i cant cicle it wish i new how to, but its right behind the 3rd black bar

Merrilyn
Wed Oct 19, 2005, 03:52 PM
Well I can assure you that it's definately not white spot.

It's obviously a cyst of some kind, but I'm not sure just what it is. Can you see if there is a redening around the area of the spot. That would indicate a bacterial infection of some kind.

What I THINK will happen, is that it will grow to a slightly larger size, and then burst, leaving a small hole, which will eventually heal up without leaving any signs. That's the best case scenario, so lets keep our fingers crossed, and hope it's nothing more that just a type of pimple. A little salt in the water will help keep the bacteria count down, and aid in the healing.

Keep us posted.

look@thefish
Wed Oct 19, 2005, 08:29 PM
Thanks lady red,

But i woke up this morning and it has completely gone? Theres no redness or anything, u cant even tell it was their in first place.

Are cycsts contagious and how do they get them? Should salt be added just in case (preventative not to come back)

tHANKS so much

Merrilyn
Thu Oct 20, 2005, 10:39 AM
Well that's the best thing that could have happened. I'm really pleased.

It must have been something along the lines of a pimple or something.

I can't see any reason why it would come back. Just keep and eye on things, and keep your water clean with regular water changes.

endless
Wed Oct 26, 2005, 06:48 AM
i was looking at my pb last nite and it has exactly the same thing except that there is about 4 of them on its body. its slightly bigger than white spot and protrudes out (1-2mm) like a tiny white spaghetti. Ill try to take a picture of it tonite when i get home.