PDA

View Full Version : where can i buy some discus

pitbully
Sun Oct 16, 2005, 12:24 PM
hello
dose some one no where i can buy some discus in west sydeny?

Merrilyn
Sun Oct 16, 2005, 01:18 PM
Hi Pitbully, and welcome to the fourm. Glad to have you join us.

There are a number of good aquarium stores around Sydney. Probably the best range of discus can be seen at "Slippery Little Suckers" one of the sponsors of this forum.

If this is your first venture into discus, I'd suggest you get well grown juveniles, or young adults. You will find them more robust, and need less care than smaller fish.

Good luck, and again welcome. We're a friendly bunch here, and happy to answer all your questions.

fishingjedi
Mon Oct 17, 2005, 09:23 AM
B&C Aquariums on Bunnerong rd in Matraville is also a very good store.

G-1000
Wed Oct 19, 2005, 01:51 AM
I have been to a lot of places in the inner west looking for good discus but there are a few standouts.

1) Slippery little suckers (not really inner west, seeing as it is over towards maroubra ish area). Hands down by far, the best discus i have seen anywhere.

2) Trans in canley vale - very good discus at a good price, but usually limited in terms of different strains i.e no particularly exotic strains.

3) Auburn - has a decent discus selection too.

But yeh, go to SLS (there is a reason they sponsor this forum after all - coz theyre the best at what they do).

DiscusMan
Thu Oct 20, 2005, 09:34 AM
The Australian Discus Association has many breeders in teh western sydney area.

I am at liverpool, we have breeders at Penrith and most places around sydney. I currently have Browns, Turqs and Golden up to 2.5 inch going for 15 a piece.

PM me a contact number and i will call and have a chat with you.

If you want exotic or newer strains then these are normaly imported and sold in shops. But if you want just standard variety fish then most types can be found from local breeders wether it is in Sydney or any other state of Australia and they will probably be cheaper due to not incuring the costs associtated with importing of fish.

wayne