PDA

View Full Version : UV EQUIPMENT

G-1000
Fri Oct 14, 2005, 10:26 AM
Hey Guys,

How many people use UV on their tank and I guess more importantly, does it make a tangible difference to your discus health ?

G

Ben
Fri Oct 14, 2005, 01:39 PM
Hi Mate,
i use a UV only on a quarantine tank and baby discus up to 6 weeks old.

cheers

Merrilyn
Fri Oct 14, 2005, 04:37 PM
I have UV on all my tanks. Wouldn't be without it.

Discus health seems so much better with UV working.

If you think along the lines of where these fish come from, in the amazon, their water has one of the lowest bacteria counts in the world. By using a UV you are just replicating that natural environment.

Yes, your fish may survive without a UV on the tank, but personally I don't want to take that risk with valuable fish.

kalebjarrod
Fri Oct 14, 2005, 09:45 PM
i don't use UV

but somedays i wished i did!

skoom
Sat Oct 15, 2005, 09:03 AM
Without a UV I wouldn't be able to see my fish due to bacterial bloom.

dreamer
Sun Oct 16, 2005, 01:53 AM

then you have serious problem there. my tank is crystal clear without uv and i dont see any improvement after i have one installed ....uv is not solution for everything .... i dont think breeders can afford to run uv in their farms. imo uv more like something 'make me feel better because i have it'

Ben
Sun Oct 16, 2005, 06:06 AM
with out a UV i would not be able to get my baby discus past the 21 day stage!

ben

Crocky
Sun Oct 16, 2005, 07:41 AM
Im still havnt made my mind up yet still thinking they might be useing up powerpoint spaces.
Brad.C

nicholas76
Sun Oct 16, 2005, 08:19 AM

then you have serious problem there. my tank is crystal clear without uv and i dont see any improvement after i have one installed ....uv is not solution for everything .... i dont think breeders can afford to run uv in their farms. imo uv more like something 'make me feel better because i have it'

the argument over the effectiveness of U/V is still a big one!

if anyone can locate any testing or proven papers regarding this please post up.