PDA

View Full Version : Colour in Discus

paulsa67
Fri Oct 14, 2005, 01:07 AM
Is it common for the colour to fade? I have 2 Turqs of which 1 has defiantly lost its colour .It seems very dark and occasionally hides.
Seems ok when it’s out and about but as I said the colour has drastically changed since I bought it a few weeks ago from the pet shop.
My tank is 4ft with gravel .
I have 7 Discus in all but it’s just this 1 fish that seems very dark

axl
Fri Oct 14, 2005, 01:37 AM
Hey,
from what i have read if this happens colour goes darker, hides in the corner, stops eating, it might be a disease called hex and if there poo is white jelly looking that is a sign that you have got it. Im only learning so other members will be able to help ya. How did i go other members did i get it right
cheers axl

electric molecular
Fri Oct 14, 2005, 03:10 AM
Hey Axl,

I notice you are from Horsham. How cool is that! That's where I grew up for 17 years of my life. How is the old place? :)

Claire.

axl
Fri Oct 14, 2005, 03:32 AM
Hey,
ha ha ha ha yeah hasnt changed 1 bit, still the same place the snake pit is still the only place to go ha ha ha, what a whole that is. I problaly no ya or went to the same school

Merrilyn
Fri Oct 14, 2005, 04:51 PM
Spot on Axl. That's exactly right. 10/10 for you :wink:

Paulsa, did you quarantine the fish before you placed him in the main tank.

Sounds like you need to keep a close eye on your fish. As axl mentioned, if the fish is showing any jelly like white poos, then it's probably hex, and needs to be treated immediately. It can also be transferred to your other fish, which is why we recommend quarantine for any new fish, for at least four weeks.

A picture would help too. If you feel your fish has hex, then you will need to get an antibiotic called metro, or sometimes known as Flagyl.

G-1000
Wed Oct 19, 2005, 01:52 AM
Fish darkening in colour is never good.

Observe to see if the fish produces white stringy feaces, then you can get a better indication of hex or not.

G