PDA

View Full Version : Very weird ...

mcloughlin2
Wed Oct 12, 2005, 07:14 AM
Hey everyone , :D ...

A few days ago i decided to see if some of my fish would take some baby guppies as feeders ...

I have way to many in my tank with all my b/n in it so it was time to get rid of the ones with deformities and that werent growing well ...

So i got bout 10 and put them in with my discus ( for those hu read my posts about my discus being very sick , they were looking better so i thought they could have some fun chasing these little guys :D ) ...

And i decided to see if my pair of clownfish would eat them ...

So i put one in and thought it would die from the salt but the little umm bugger ... started swimming around my tank !

the clowns wouldnt touch it ! so i took it out and put it back in its original tank and it still kept swimming ... :shock:

Never heard of this happening ... i new that they can survive in saltwater for a bit but i have always been told that they need to be slowly introduced to it ... :?

Has anyone ever done this before ?

Sam ....

Benny
Wed Oct 12, 2005, 07:30 AM
Cruel bastard!!!!

Lol !!!

mcloughlin2
Wed Oct 12, 2005, 09:49 PM
Dont be mean .. !! :evil: .. lol

I have no room for them ... ! If i hadnt of seperated them from the main tank in the first place they would already have been eaten ... :P

They all had deformaties and other things wrong with them ! lol

Sam ...

Proteus
Wed Oct 12, 2005, 10:50 PM
Guppies, Mollies etc actually have a preference for brakish water, so the salt would not have bothered them much at all, aside from some initial shock.

dreamer
Wed Oct 12, 2005, 11:16 PM
mollies may prefer brackish water ...but not guppies.

you may have more fun watching lionfish chasing guppy :lol:

Proteus
Wed Oct 12, 2005, 11:24 PM
chasing? more like eliminating... lol

nicholas76
Fri Oct 21, 2005, 02:28 PM
i used to feed some of my discus siamese fighter fry , gone in half a second! great stuff

not much of a chase they were deadly !