And a few more

DarrenJThomas
Tue Oct 11, 2005, 12:28 PM
One more

Ben
Tue Oct 11, 2005, 12:28 PM
WOW,
awesome mate!

what an impressive display for your room!
very tidy set up aswell!

keep up the good work!
cheers,
Ben

Merrilyn
Tue Oct 11, 2005, 02:04 PM
Darren, that looks fantastic. :shock:

Can you explain a bit more about the technical side of things. Looks like you have controllers on everything.

Very impressive :P

piranha-discus
Tue Oct 11, 2005, 02:11 PM
nice tank, how i wish i had like that,
i find planted tanks too hard to look after (keep clean) lol ,,, also whats that big black fish blue diamond? ben

DarrenJThomas
Tue Oct 11, 2005, 11:19 PM
I am ca bit of a controller freak, and yes it is embarising.

The tank has online mains water which is filteres throught either an RO sysetm or a carbon/resing filter depending on what is requred. The tank also has drainage to the garden.

Co2 is bought into the house from a large size bottle on the back wall. This is administered to the tank using Dupla Alpha Co2. Water is pumped from the filter sump through the UV steriliser and then into the Co2 exchanger before going back to the tank.

Fertilisers are dosed throught a Dupa Dosing System (Not available for purchase now i beleive) I make my own PMDD as the Dupla stuff is too expensive and i like the adea of mixing my own. Substrate is Dupla Root as i could not get the iron rich dirt i normally use.

Heating is throught a Dupla Heating Cable at the bottom of the tank.

Lighting is and Aqua One Combo light that has 2 x 150 W MH and 4 x Blue Fluro.

I have accumulated the equipment over the last 8 years to eaven out the cost. All purchased with the aim of owning this tank at some stage.

It is my pride and joy !

chris
Wed Oct 12, 2005, 12:34 AM
Nice work Darren, its great to see someone take so much pride in there tank, and when your fish grow to a mature size your tank will look even better.
Great work :wink:

piranha-discus
Wed Oct 12, 2005, 02:54 AM
just cover the cabnet with doors or good quality pic frame of a PS2 , dvd player etc and your fish tank will look like a live LCD TV
it looks that good!! :lol:

Benny
Wed Oct 12, 2005, 03:41 AM
Also you havent mentioned what the dimensions of the tank are???

It appears to be a three footer, and about 2 feet tall. but interested to find out specifically how big it is....

Very nice mate,
All those controllers get my ideas clicking lol

DarrenJThomas
Wed Oct 12, 2005, 04:16 AM
The tank is 160cm long x 90cm high x 60cm deep. Holds about 860Ltrs of H20

Benny
Wed Oct 12, 2005, 04:29 AM
holy cr@p!!! thats huge!!! way bigger then i guessed!!!!!!!

AWESOME MATE!!!

AussieStar
Wed Oct 12, 2005, 08:12 AM
you were right about hih tect, looks really good

Dee
Wed Oct 12, 2005, 12:40 PM
Hi Darren,

That is one awsome tank mate ... very impressive :shock: :shock: :shock: That's my dream set up ! I especially like the mains water/RO and drainage setup you mentioned. I also love being able to see all the hi tech gear ... great work ! All you need to do now is install a pulsing red lamp thing like HAL from "2001 Space Odyssey" that greets you when you enter the room ... that would be cool ! :P

Cheers,

Dee :)

mcloughlin2
Thu Oct 13, 2005, 07:59 AM
I love it ... ! :D

That bit of driftwood is awsome ! Where did ya get it from ?... perfect for a whole group of breeding bristlenose ... :wink:

Wat sort of fish do u have in there ? Looks like some rainbowfish , discus , cardinal tetras .... maybe some glowlight tetras ? 8-)

Ur doing a great job , keep it up ! :P

-Sam .,.

DarrenJThomas
Fri Oct 14, 2005, 01:09 AM
The wood is red gum and came from a place called Black Gate in NSW. I have discus, rainbows, oto algae eaters, cardinals.

I did have bristlenose that bread in the log when i had my old tank. I decided that i liked my plants better and got rid of the bristlenose's.

rtraher
Fri Oct 14, 2005, 09:41 PM
That is a fantastic set up. It will be great to see when some of those swords start growing up to the surface and filling out the tank. How have you connected the mains water to the RO/carbon filter setup? Is it connected to an automatic float valve or do you manually add the water in? You got to love the automatic fertiliser dosing pump - I can't wait for the day to get one!

Did you do all the work yourself?

Cheers,
Russel

DarrenJThomas
Mon Oct 17, 2005, 05:37 AM
The mains water is hooked up and can be operated from inside the cupboard. As the RO is slow enought i can leave it on permanantly if desired and it will just flush the whole tank. I normally leave it on for 24 hrs / week.

I did all of the work myself. My best mate is a plumber so that made the CO2 and H2O connections safer.

duck
Tue Oct 18, 2005, 01:02 PM
Nice looking tank you got.
Why do you have the blue Fluro's, for any reason?