PDA

View Full Version : Three a crowd

Crocky
Tue Oct 11, 2005, 08:19 AM
Hi again

Heres another pair of ss in my 6 footer - I hope - as the larger fish has paired up before with a little turk (which is in one of the pics ) I put them in a tank of there own they spawned a few times but "it "would never run over the eggs and then would eat them within the first 24 hours.
The last week or so the small ss (pictured)has been looking for a mate and layed last week. The large one took some notice but I think it just likes the taste of eggs.
Last night the ss layed and the big one ate them again. As well the females before this where fighting each other and both cleaning a spawning site trying to attract the bigger fish.

Brad

Crocky
Tue Oct 11, 2005, 09:04 AM
Here the turk (very runted)

sammigold
Tue Oct 11, 2005, 10:21 AM
Crocky, I love those fish... are they really that blue or is it the type of light you use on the aquarium. They look almost purple... I would sooooooo love it if there were purple discus. :lol:

Crocky
Tue Oct 11, 2005, 10:29 AM
Hi Sammi

I took this photo last night just before she started to lay it was 9o clock so turned all the light off and took a photo with no flash to show there color.The second top photo is pretty close to there normal color and the globes just a normal fluro tube.

Brad

sammigold
Tue Oct 11, 2005, 10:52 AM
WOW!! I thought that snakeskins all had striations (?) on them... I notice that yours seem to be of a fairly solid blue colour... I really like yours they are so pretty. ps. I hope your little darlings are all doing well. Say Hi for me.