PDA

View Full Version : fat discus without eating

rytis
Sat Oct 08, 2005, 02:46 PM
:(
one of my discus although he looks healthy, but he is fat without eating, so i assume it's some kind of worm or something... how do i treat it? that discus is about 2.5"

mcloughlin2
Sat Oct 08, 2005, 10:18 PM
He could have dropsy ... there is no treatment , but by changing wat caused it can sometimes cure it ... :(

Another possibility is intestinal parasite ... have to get a medicine from the LFS or maybe a vet ... :wink:

Do a search on google and see if ur dicsus has the same symtoms ....

rytis
Sat Oct 08, 2005, 10:41 PM
actualy hes one of my most vigurous eaters, just this morning it was fat before i fed them, but hes eating real good when he gets a chance... ill keep an eye on him...

nicholas76
Sun Oct 09, 2005, 01:10 AM
rytis

a full stomach may mean nothing more than a full stomach.

as you state he is " a vigorous eater " sounds just like another piggy juvenile discus eating more than his fare share.

if there are other symptoms please post up.

rytis
Sun Oct 09, 2005, 01:31 AM
i think im happy to say that yes, i was worried for nothing - i saw him this morning (it's nighttime here now) he was under the decoration and before i even fed them he was fat while others were skiny.... but i was paying close attention to him a lot today and i noticed that although hes somewhat shy to jump in with big discus, he's a restless scavenger after the initial feeding..... so looks like good news! :)