PDA

View Full Version : My latest addition to the gang **AWESOME TURQ**

Benny
Wed Oct 05, 2005, 08:25 AM
hey all, with great thanks to LR and Kinezo for his packing skillz i received this beauty last weekend, and is the stud for my future turq breeding efforts. (i have a soft spot for blue fish).. He is a whopping 6" (i think its conservative) short length!!! (not including tail!) I am hoping my brilliant blue that i picked up earlier is a female, shes only 4.5" or so, and has been clinging to this beautiful turq, which is a confirmed male, from Merrilyn's past breeding days of turquoise discus....

No breeding action as yet, but merrilyn and i have a feeling that the brilliant isnt quite 12 months old yet, and that ill have to wait and see as time passes. But theres no anamosity between the brilliant and the Big turq, so for early days its all lookin good...

Benny :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :blob :blob :wave2 :blob2 :mrgreen:

Benny
Wed Oct 05, 2005, 08:29 AM
This pic shows up his red colourings too...

Merrilyn
Wed Oct 05, 2005, 08:35 AM
Benny he looks wonderful and settled in his new home. Good luck with your breeding plans. Sure looks like the little brilliant finds him attractive. LOL

I'ts also interesting to note that this is one time that if your were trying to tell the sex of the fish by the dorsal and anal fin (in that males usually have a pointed fin, and females a rounded fin) you would be very much mistaken.

I've seen this fish spawn several time, and he is definately a male, and produced fertile eggs !

DR.V
Wed Oct 05, 2005, 08:47 AM
They are really awesome !!

Love the body shape !

Ben
Wed Oct 05, 2005, 09:37 AM
very nice!
well done!
cheers

ben

Darth_discus
Wed Oct 05, 2005, 09:40 AM
As Dr.v said nice rounded body shape benny.

I hope you get some good fry from this one. :mrgreen:

weird
Wed Oct 05, 2005, 02:38 PM
Nice !!!!!!!!!!!!

Benny
Wed Oct 05, 2005, 02:44 PM
Well thankyou all for your kind words and praise for my newest arrival... I shall keep all updated on pairing progress.. though i dont know how old/mature my brilliant female is, just a waiting game i guess!!!!

Mattzilla
Thu Oct 06, 2005, 08:12 AM
now that's what you call a turq!!!!

great looking fish

nicholas76
Sat Oct 08, 2005, 06:53 AM
nice fish!

good purchase!!

Benny
Sun Oct 09, 2005, 09:17 AM
update!! Caught the brilliant turq cleaning the UV and shivering up for the big boy turq from LR!!!

WOOHOO!!!! Im so damn excited :D