PDA

View Full Version : My Discus has a lump on the eye

madaboutfish
Tue Sep 27, 2005, 03:19 AM
Hi to all,

I have a 5-6 inch discus which has a developed a little patch on the eye which is cloudy/white. When view from the front a small lump can be seen to protrude about 2mm. I think it is some kind of fungus. What is the best way to solve this problem? Appreciate any advise.

Nick

Merrilyn
Tue Sep 27, 2005, 07:52 AM
Hello Nick. How long has the patch been there? It sounds like it might be an injury of some kind. Just check your water parameters and make sure your pH hasn't dropped recently.

If it's just an eye injury, it should clear in a few days. In the meantime, keep the water very clean, with daily waterchanges, to reduce the amount of bacteria in the tank.

If it develops further, or the eye starts to look swollen, let us know.

mcloughlin2
Tue Sep 27, 2005, 07:54 AM
Sounds lyk wat my discus have....have a look at my thread in the emergency room to see if it is wat urs have.... :wink:

madaboutfish
Wed Sep 28, 2005, 07:38 AM
My discus has had the lump on the eye for about 3 days? It is similar to what mcloughlin2 has described. Checked it today and it seems to be clearing up. The lump is much smaller now and the rest of the eye is getting clearer now. It happened after I did a large waterchange. I had the same problem a couple of years back on one of my fishes but I just could not remember what I did then. I think it will clearup on its own after a couple of weeks.

Nick