PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe there are people like this out there?

Merrilyn
Sun Sep 25, 2005, 03:36 PM
After attending a football game, our very own Proteus was set upon and attacked by some sensless thugs supporting of the losing team. All because he was wearing a jersy and carrying a flag supporting the Tigers.

This is part of a post Proteus put on another forum.

I think it deserves to be repeated here.

Rohan, on behalf of the members and the moderator team of Discus Forums, I wish you a very speedy recovery, and I do hope the thugs are arrested very soon.

Proteus wrote:-

"Despair

Well, having not been able to celebrate after the game due to the actions of some St George supporters I have now gone from the ultimate high in emotions, to the absolute pits.

What is it with some people out there?

What was a walk through the carpark area towards Anzac Parade, turned into a 15 hour hospital stay. Thanks due to the moronic actions of a handful of drunken Dragons supporters (actually, that is an insult to the good Dragons supporters out there). I am now the proud holder of a broken cheek, a broken nose, 2 black eyes, plus numerous other superficial injuries, as they thought it was cool to embark on a group bashing.

By no means am I a small guy and incapable of protecting myself (6"1, 120kgs), but when getting punched and stomped on the head when on the ground from no less than 3-4 people is something that is hard to defend against.

As for my small WT flag that I had just purchased to stick on my car, I hope it reminds them of what cowards they are.

Thank you

To the few members of the public, most were WT supporters, in particular a family group, who assisted me from the attack and helped me to safety.

THANK YOU!!! "

Merrilyn
Sun Sep 25, 2005, 03:39 PM
You can read the full thread, and view a pic here.....

http://s4.invisionfree.com/Wests_Tigers_Forum/index.php?showtopic=9376

DR.V
Sun Sep 25, 2005, 04:28 PM
OMG !!! Rohan are you okay now ? Nothing serious with those injuries ??

Have a plenty of rest ! We wish you a very speedy recovery.

All the best.

the_oracle
Sun Sep 25, 2005, 04:49 PM
Oooooooohhhhhhhh man,
This is horrible..............
Can't believe it.........
Hope you recover fast, mate............

Sanie.

axelfaz
Sun Sep 25, 2005, 10:05 PM
sorry to hear mate from all the family we hope you have a speed recovery.

Cameron,Kerry and the kids

goldenpigeon
Sun Sep 25, 2005, 10:28 PM
geez rohan! thats terrible! i hope you are okay! u dont look to good! i hope those $hit heads get taken in for what they have done. bunch of pussy cowards for attacking a guy behi8nd his back and in an extremely unfair number. just shows how weak they r. i hope they rot in he ll!

i hope you have a speedy recovery and everything turns out ok. i think u r lucky to be alive with so many people beating you!

anyway all the best mate :P
cheers J

PS: i think some of the Sydney ppl should go clean ro's tanks for him ;)

Darth_discus
Sun Sep 25, 2005, 11:13 PM
Rohan i am in shock and can't beleive this has happened to you.

All the best and i hope you make a speedy recovery for everything from your family members to your beloved fish, but like you said what goes around comes around and maybe you in the next month could have some real good luck, but i can't say the same for the attackers.

I'd say they would be disgraced at what they have done and i hope they get what is coming for them literally.

Also that is a great idea GP if he hasn't organised it already :cry: :D :cry: :D :cry: :D :wave

OscarManAlpha
Mon Sep 26, 2005, 12:06 AM
I can't believe it, couldn't of happened to a nicer guy.

Most sorry to hear about this. TG you didn't suffer any brain damage.

Wishing you a speedy recovery,

OMA.

Proteus
Mon Sep 26, 2005, 12:16 AM
Thanks all for the kind words.

I am still a little shaken by what happenned, however your support, and the knowledge that the Tigers are in the Grand Final are enough to keep me going.

Seems as every hour goes past I am discovering new injuries, the latest is perhaps a broken rib which I am about to go have looked at. It was sore from the outset, yet in the past 24hrs there is a 15cm x 10cm dark bruise is appearing.

All I can say is those that were responsible were cowards, 1 on 1 is bad, yet up to 7-9 against 1, forget it.

I have a bunch of images for Police prosecution purposes, one of which are in the thread on the Wests Tigers supporters forum, all I can say is that one image is the least representative of my injuries.

Thanks once again.

goldenpigeon
Mon Sep 26, 2005, 12:43 AM
i feel so sorry for u pro. if i were in sydney right now i would pay ya a visit and make ya a cupa. :)

kazkirk
Mon Sep 26, 2005, 01:25 AM
Im sorry, thats just awful. Stupid mob mentality, people are such morons some time.
Heres to a speedy recovery!

Proteus
Mon Sep 26, 2005, 02:07 AM
Thanks Karen

kinezo
Mon Sep 26, 2005, 08:44 AM
Proteus

sorry to hear about this.. i was only informed by a DF member of what had happened.......

so i'd also like to wish u a speedy recovery and all the best..
and hope the cops catch the bastards and they get what the deserve.....

all the best mate...

kinezo

discusme
Mon Sep 26, 2005, 09:53 AM
Proteus, sorry to hear this ..
Hope you get better soon.

Cheers,
Ronny

AussieStar
Mon Sep 26, 2005, 09:55 AM
yea has happen to me before aswell, dunno what some people are thinking

tank
Mon Sep 26, 2005, 10:21 AM
I thought about what happen to all day and i feel for you. Heal fast,
become stronger Stuff like this can eat at you, It makes you weak. get angry,feel sad It took me years to forget what happened to me and this brings it all back you can never get even but u gotta know justice will find them in some form, now get on with the things you love even if its hurts a little

discus000
Mon Sep 26, 2005, 10:38 AM
Geewhiz.

Such a low act!

I hope you feel ok.Have a speedy recovery.
You deserve another discus fish for your troubles.

:(

Get well soon

blackwater spa
Mon Sep 26, 2005, 11:24 AM
I like how ladyred has described these people as thugs, rather than as St George supporters.

People such as these are not supportive in any way and therefore should not be called supporters.

They are more accurately described as St George parasites, because what they do is: they find a powerful force like St George to suck on, leeching off St George's strengths to build up their own.

This is why such people are never found associated with the underdog side...because their agenda is to suck the strength from the strong rather than help build up the strength of the weak.

When St George lost that night, these people would not have seen it as a great game played by 2 great teams, but they would have felt it as if the crutches they had been relying on - had suddenly given way underneath them.

They would not have been worried at all about why the crutches had given way. In the same way, they would not have cared about why St George might have lost. They would have no interest in helping St George play better next season.

They are too self-focused to worry about anything like that!

When St George lost that night, and their crutch suddenly gave way underneath them - they felt their personal strength and potency snatched from them, and they would have felt it as if the Wests Tigers had directly assaulted each of them personally to have a go at their balls.

When you understand this, you may begin to understand why people like this can have so much hatred at an individual Wests Tigers supporter heading towards the car park to find his car.

sammigold
Mon Sep 26, 2005, 12:01 PM
Rohan, I am absolutely horrified to see what happened to you....Its is a sad reflection of our society that people take losing a football match so seriously as to attack someone who supports the winning team.. And how cowardly to do it from behind... :evil: I am a great believer in Karma and have no doubt in my mind that these people will get their own back tenfold.... My thought go out to you and I wish you a speedy recovery...
Ps. Drink lots of pineapple juice it is apparently a very good natural anti-inflammatory and may help with the bruising and swelling!

Proteus
Mon Sep 26, 2005, 12:37 PM
blackwater spa, your words couldnt have been put better.

As I have stated elsewhere, I dont have a problem with St George supporters, as most of them are fantastic people.

Sammi, thanks for the tip on drinking pineapple juice.

Stuart
Mon Sep 26, 2005, 12:55 PM
Sadly there are always these idiots that follow games - we in the UK have had our share of problems with soccer hooligans as some of you may have heard.

Best wishes and a speedy recovery Proteus, don't let the b***ards get you down :)

Ben
Mon Sep 26, 2005, 01:39 PM
get well soon mate!

Karma will bite them, when they least expect it!

Ben

otto
Mon Sep 26, 2005, 09:41 PM
all the best, our thoughts are with you.

Jonesy
Tue Sep 27, 2005, 08:09 AM
hope u get better soon mate ... but u know if u were a roosters suporter tthis would of never happened ... :)-

all the best mate

marg
Tue Sep 27, 2005, 03:16 PM
Sorry to hear what has happened to you Rohan - what a pack of goons. Sammi's words express my thought exactly.

Hope you start feeling better soon mate.

fuzzy_dragonfly
Tue Sep 27, 2005, 04:55 PM
OMG that is aweful :shock: ,

St George supporters!!! :shock:
That's unexpected, normally it's us Doggies fans that get bagged for being boisterous. All the more reason to wear my jersy :wink: .

Hope that they catch the morons

Get well soon.

OscarManAlpha
Wed Sep 28, 2005, 03:54 PM
G'day Rohan,

Just wondering how things are going for you ATM ?

Are you able to move around a little ?

Did they give you Panadine forte at the hospital ? I find it helps with the pain but really makes one drowsy.

Are you gettting lots of sleep ?

Hope things are on the improve for you.

Proteus
Wed Sep 28, 2005, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the well wishes.

Oscar, I am getting better, however my confidence around people is at an all time low.

Panadeine Forte is a god send, add to that Nurofen (which helps with the swelling) and things arent as painful as they could be.

The main down side to all this is the inability at this stage to breath through the right nostril, and blurred vision in the right eye.

Overall, things are slowly mending.

cheers

skoom
Thu Sep 29, 2005, 02:30 PM
Mate hope you get well soon. And hope the Tigers win. They play great! A grand final victory will surely heal those sores. All the best.

Aside: imagine the Wests Tigers are now called Balmain Magpies.....now that wouldn't be very funny.