PDA

View Full Version : Another HUGE shipment of fish just arrived today!

kevkoi
Fri Sep 23, 2005, 09:40 AM
Discus (and cichlids) will be available and out of quarantine on the 7th October.

This shipment of discus, we have a galore of top quality stunning pairs. (stay tuned for pics next week!)

Discus:
4" Spotted discus pair:
Male fine spotted ring leopard (9bar)
Female Penang Eruption (14bar)
... this is a young pair put together by breeder. Spawn will give a range of 9 and 14bar discus. Breeder's choice.

5" Super High body Blue Knight pair: My pick of the shipment!
One of the best shaped pairs I've seen in Penang and one of the best shaped fish we've ever had. Will need to see these to believe!! STUNNING young pair. These were again, plucked from breeder's breeding tanks.

4" High body, red eye Ocean Green pair:
Nice young pair... definately green (as I have a pair of blues to put beside them!)

4.5" High body, red eye Blue Diamond pair:
These were again plucked from breeder's breeding tanks. These have successfully bred 3 large broods before! (We have some of their fry to prove it!)

4.5" Snow white pair:
Stunning high body pair. Great shape.

5" Red Golden Diamond (2 females) - Flawless beauties...

4" High body Blue Knights - Superb shape. Have to see to believe!!

2.5" Red Golden Diamond - limited numbers

3" Red Golden Diamond - limited numbers

3" Ring Leopards - BIG BOLD RINGS.... Very clear rings and many many many rings on each side. Best ring leopards I've seen.

3.5" San Merah - Yes these beautiful fish are BACK AGAIN!!

3.5" Penang Eruption

2.5" Penang Eruption

2.5" Yellow melons.

Small discus on super special!
2"-2.5" High body brilliant
2"- 2.5" Red eye blue diamond
2" blue snakeskins
2" marlboro red
2" virgin red.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tanganyikan cichlid

Tropheus sp. "Bemba" 5cm
Tropheus brichardi "Kipili 5cm

Lamprologus occellatus "gold"
Paracyprichromis nigrippinis
Opthalmotilapia ventralis
Opthalmotilapia nasuta
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
South American fish

Petrophyllum scalare "Peru" (Wildcaught angels)
Nematobrycon cf. palmeri "BLACK" (Super black emperor tetras) - NEW!

Royal Whiptail (Sturisoma panamense)
Twig catfish (Farlowella acus) - HUGE!

Apistogramma beanchi "Inka 50" - YES!! finally arrived!! good size
Taenicara candidi - STUNNING!!! good size
Discrosus filamentosus.
Bolivian Rams (M.altispinosa)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Other fish available locally:

Betta bellica "Kuala Selangor" (The REAL B.bellica!)
Betta brownorum "Sibu"

Spharichthys vallanti - Samurai chocolate gourami

Parosphormenus sp. (Possibly linkei and ornaticuda)

Biotodoma cupido

............... and many more.

silkieboy
Fri Sep 23, 2005, 10:04 AM
show me the pics show me the pics!! hehehe they sound so awesome can't wait. :)

Cheers :D

africandiscus
Fri Sep 23, 2005, 11:07 AM
4.5" Snow white pair:
Stunning high body pair. Great shape.

What price are you looking for?[/list]

blackwater spa
Fri Sep 23, 2005, 11:14 AM
I LUV RING LEOPARDS!

Can't wait to see all these fish at your shop!!

Reillin
Fri Sep 23, 2005, 01:13 PM
GDay Kev,

Wow, an amazing array of fish available this time round. I truly envy your job more and more as the day goes by Kev. lol.

I booked for some Inka 50s, however the Biotomodo cupido also caught my eyes, not to mention the large Farlowella acus.

I am hoping to establish a larger base than one pair of F0 (Inka 50s) fish for Melbourne, but I guess there will always be other shipments. Also am wondering, are those Tangs F0 (wildcaughts?).

Cheers,
Vien.
Email: Reillin@hotmail.com

skoom
Fri Sep 23, 2005, 03:22 PM
Dear Kev,

Do you have the prices of the listed fish?

Many thanks.

skoom

kevkoi
Sat Sep 24, 2005, 01:24 AM
Skoom, no prices for most confirmed yet.... Will be more sure of a price next week.

Reilin, Tangs are F1. Will have some F0 fish on next shipment when the frontosas come in. :) Glad you noticed all the GOOD STUFF. F.acus are about 20cm. There will hopefully be some Inka 50 on the next shipment too. The one I MUST alert you to are T.candidi.... They look better than all the photos I've seen online!!!

Africandiscus, prices are not confirmed yet, but they will be pretty close to the last pair of snow whites sold. :)

Darth_discus
Sat Sep 24, 2005, 09:19 AM
i luv penangs and san merahs

can't wait because last time i missed out

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Dan
Sun Sep 25, 2005, 05:17 AM
Hi,

are there any approx. prices on the Lamprologus occellatus "gold" ?

i'm sure they will go fast tho but just so i kno how much i'd be expectin to pay when i try get them another time :)

thanks
dan

G-1000
Mon Sep 26, 2005, 10:11 AM
They sound awesome Kev!

Can't wait for pics :D

mtchye
Mon Sep 26, 2005, 02:31 PM
I would be very interested in pics and your opinion in difficulty or otherwise of keeping the Petrophyllum scalare "Peru" (Wildcaught angels)... Being wild do they come in loaded with problems or are they pretty much par for the course.

Also on your travels have you seen any angels similar to these nice koi ones in the US?

http://users.adelphia.net/~newbreeds/index.html

mcloughlin2
Mon Sep 26, 2005, 11:20 PM
Also on your travels have you seen any angels similar to these nice koi ones in the US?

Wow they are heaps nice....i have seen a few koi angelfish at some of the LFS but never with that amount of orange... :)

mtchye
Tue Sep 27, 2005, 12:18 AM
Yes a friend of mine breeds a tonne of angels for the trade and is on the lookout for wild types to outcross to as well as good quality koi angels. These caught my eye and it seems they are available quite a bit in the U.S. but over here we don't seem to get many. I figure the Malaysian breeders Kev frequents may have some of these somewhere hopefully as it is too difficult to get them in from the US.

kevkoi
Tue Sep 27, 2005, 01:59 AM
Mtchye, the wild peruvian angels are P.scalare, but being that they are wild caught they have a very peculiar habbit and are rather more skittish than the domesticated forms. The thing spectacular about them is their SIZE.

Some of these same angels were imported about 18months ago by another importer in Malaysia and sold to a few Angel fish breeder friends of mine. These fish have grown up bigger than any domesticated angelfish. These have been used to out-cross with domesticated marble angels (experiment), and in 5months, the fry have grown up HUGE!!! I've reserved a few of these super huge adult/sub adult angels to be sent to Aust to show the potential size of these wild angels.

Definately great for outcrossing.

There are good koi angel lines here.... except they are few and far between. Most angels are massbred and few breeders these days really look at colour (They care more about growth rate to get the fry on the market as soon as possible). I'll have a look around for some of the better koi angel lines.

kev

mcloughlin2
Tue Sep 27, 2005, 05:59 AM
Kev if u can get good quality koi angelfish with a least half-three quarters of their body covered in dark orange i would be interested.... :wink:

Sam

endless
Tue Sep 27, 2005, 09:36 AM
Do these wild caught P.scalare angels grow as big as the wild caught P.altums??

G-1000
Tue Sep 27, 2005, 10:04 AM
Hey Kev,

I just wanted to know how easy it would be for you to get the following discus imported (I don't want you to bring them in, but I just wanna know for future reference). All of them around the 3 inch mark...

Yellow Melon (no peppering)
Red Melon (no peppering)
White Butterfly
Blue Diamond
Pearl Pidgeon (no peppering)
Snow White/White Diamond
Marlboro Red (traditional type with no peppering)

Let me know please mate...

PM me or whatever is easiest for you...

Thanks

mcloughlin2
Tue Sep 27, 2005, 10:40 PM
G-1000 if u read the list ^ u will see that there is a heap of the discus u want coming in ATM.... :D

Sam.... :D

G-1000
Wed Sep 28, 2005, 12:54 AM
True, but I need them strictly around the 3 inch size...

But man am I tempted by that SLS shipment

mtchye
Wed Sep 28, 2005, 01:08 AM
Kev, forgot to ask, what is the size of the wild angels.. and let me know when you have a price estimation.

kevkoi
Thu Sep 29, 2005, 02:10 AM
Mtchye, angels are approx 5-6cm body length. Can obtain a couple at 12cm body length (GIANTS!).

-------------------------------------
G1000,
Yellow Melon (no peppering) ----- currently there are some, but don't know how long they will last.

Red Melon (no peppering) ----- relatively available.
White Butterfly ------ clean white buttefly are not regularly available. Most often just pigeons.

Blue Diamond --- easy peasy.

Pearl Pidgeon (no peppering) ---- relatively easy atm.

Snow White/White Diamond ---- relatively available atm.

Marlboro Red (traditional type with no peppering) ----- not often available anymore, most ppl concentrating on the newer cleaner melons

mcloughlin2
Fri Sep 30, 2005, 06:31 AM
Any pics for me to drool over?? :D LOL

Sam....

mcloughlin2
Mon Oct 03, 2005, 07:45 AM
Kev just out of interest how much would u expect a quality koi angelfish to sell for.....???

Sam....

kevkoi
Mon Oct 03, 2005, 10:08 AM
No idea. Haven't found one of such quality yet. :lol:
Most I've seen are pretty mediocre.

Dan
Mon Oct 03, 2005, 02:30 PM
4 more days till the fish come out of quarantine!!!!!!

BillyBlanks22
Tue Oct 04, 2005, 01:18 AM
I hope I dont miss out on the apistogramma like last time.

How many pairs of Ap. Inca are there this time Kev?

Is there a limit on how many pairs an individual can order? I know breeders will probably snap up several pairs at a time, leaving regular hobbyists empty handed:cry:

kevkoi
Tue Oct 04, 2005, 02:20 AM
There's about 10pairs of A.beanchi "Inka 50" only. Don't know who's next on the list, but if you put in your early reservations, u'll get them... If not, better luck next shipment. :wink:

madaboutfish
Tue Oct 04, 2005, 12:37 PM
Kev,

Are the prices for the discus pairs available yet? especially the ring leopard and penang eruption. Thanks

Nick

Dan
Thu Oct 06, 2005, 07:53 AM
how exciting the fish come out of quarantine tomorow!!!!! :)

mcloughlin2
Thu Oct 06, 2005, 08:15 AM
Are u waiting for some fish dan ....? :D .....

Dan
Thu Oct 06, 2005, 08:33 AM
no no

just like to fill the forum with excitment :lol:

nem7902
Thu Oct 06, 2005, 08:56 AM
if i had some moeny i geff would be in on some of the snow whites!!!
anyone wanna giv me some money lol

mcloughlin2
Thu Oct 06, 2005, 09:37 AM
I definately wont be buying any fish this time ... but i always look forward to pictures and prices for some reason ... Im pumped about this lot of fish !! :twisted: .... :P

I think kev said he was going to give me a pair of discus for free as a early birthday present ... didnt ya kev ?? lol ... :lol:

SLS
Fri Oct 07, 2005, 03:33 AM
Just an FYI.

Due to circumstances beyond our control the aforementioned fish wont be released from Quarantine till early next week.

Stay tuned for an update once they have been cleared and are available.

SLS

BillyBlanks22
Tue Oct 11, 2005, 05:24 AM
still in quarantine?

BillyBlanks22
Tue Oct 11, 2005, 06:58 AM
Just heard they're out of Q on Thursday:)

SLS
Tue Oct 11, 2005, 08:14 AM
as per previous, the fish should be released and in store on Thursday.

SLS

Dan
Tue Oct 11, 2005, 09:07 AM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fish for everyone!!!! :D

piranha-discus
Tue Oct 11, 2005, 02:27 PM
hi kev what are the price for the 2.5 in penang eruptions? and the price for a 100% sure breed pairs penang eruptions.
ben. .PS. is there any fish like a BD with purple spots on the body?

dotcomguy
Tue Oct 11, 2005, 09:30 PM
Hi Kev

do u have a price list? if so please pm it to me.

thanks a lot

BillyBlanks22
Wed Oct 19, 2005, 06:31 AM
Fish still with ACQS??

oscar
Wed Oct 19, 2005, 08:41 AM
Billy,

They quarantine their fish themselves.

mcloughlin2
Wed Oct 19, 2005, 09:05 AM
Hi Kev

do u have a price list? if so please pm it to me.

thanks a lot

I can answer that , if u choose a strain of discus u want just pm kev and he will try to get it in for u aswell as throw u a ballpark figure $...

Sam ...

Davo
Wed Oct 19, 2005, 10:27 AM
Is the new shipment in the shop yet?

Dave.

kevkoi
Wed Oct 19, 2005, 11:22 AM
I believe some are in the shop, but the majority are still in the holding room till George and Michella get back from their much needed holiday in about a week's time.

Apologies about the delay..... minor problem with Quarantine release last week and G&M need some time off. :oops:

Proteus
Wed Oct 19, 2005, 11:32 AM
Just an FYI, any of the new fish that did make it into the shop last week, were sold very quickly.

Steps are being put in place to try and get some of the smaller stock in store on Friday but nothing will be certain until the day.

Davo
Wed Oct 19, 2005, 11:57 AM
Proteus,

Did the blue face heckels and Alenquer Brown "Santerem" arrive in this shipment? If they did, have they been sold and if so how much were they?

Thanks,
Dave

Proteus
Wed Oct 19, 2005, 12:06 PM
I havent seen either of those in the shop, so either they are still in holding, or did not get shipped.

Kev should be able to answer whether they were shipped.

kevkoi
Wed Oct 19, 2005, 12:17 PM
Davo, those fish are still sitting here in M'sia... Pics I just posted up in the other thread.

Didn't get sent the blue face heckels unfortunately... BUT did get Willyshwartzi heckels!! :lol:

Davo
Wed Oct 19, 2005, 12:48 PM
Do you have a pic of the blue faced heckels and a price?

Dave

mtchye
Wed Oct 19, 2005, 10:20 PM
Kev, any price on the angels?

dreamer
Wed Oct 19, 2005, 11:42 PM
i know i cant afford the heckels but what sort of price are they going for ?

kevkoi
Thu Oct 20, 2005, 12:05 AM
They're not exactly THAT expensive. The heckels and pineapple heckels are around about the $90-$100 mark for 2.5"-3" fish.

Proteus
Fri Oct 21, 2005, 10:32 AM
update: approx 20 of the small Discus (Reds, Cobalts) have been added to store stock, as well as a few larger Red Alenquers & Turqs

Reillin
Sat Oct 22, 2005, 11:56 PM
Hey Sam,

What is that discus on your picture? Looks amazing,

A group of 6 of those would be major drool factor. If I'm gonna get into discus, I may as well go for the best.

Cheers,
Vien.

BillyBlanks22
Sun Oct 23, 2005, 03:47 AM
Did the Apistogramma Inca and Taenicara Candidi make it into the shop? I heard they might be rejected?

SLS
Sun Oct 23, 2005, 04:57 AM
Did the Apistogramma Inca and Taenicara Candidi make it into the shop? I heard they might be rejected?

Nothing has been rejected, just awaiting further information & clarification.

mtchye
Tue Oct 25, 2005, 02:03 AM
Are there any prices on the wild angels as yet?

BillyBlanks22
Sat Oct 29, 2005, 01:26 AM
any update on the Inca?

kevkoi
Sat Oct 29, 2005, 02:14 AM
yes, the fish should be available next week.

however most if not all of the fish are reserved.

Proteus
Sat Oct 29, 2005, 06:57 AM
[previous post edited]

The inca's are not in the store yet, sorry for any confusion that may have occurred.

All the people that have reserved fish. or stated in interest in these will be contacted over the next week, on a first come first served basis.

kevkoi
Sat Oct 29, 2005, 12:40 PM
Few shots of discus coming out early next week.

*Pearl Pigeon Pair 5"

Proteus
Sat Oct 29, 2005, 12:43 PM
Go the Colorbits...

lol

kevkoi
Sat Oct 29, 2005, 01:35 PM
few more.

wifey of axelfaz
Sat Oct 29, 2005, 11:53 PM
Why have they been in quarantine for so long?

goldfish
Sun Oct 30, 2005, 01:56 AM
how much would the Pearl Pigeon Pair 5" cost approximately?
and is there any peruvian coming in soon?

kevkoi
Sun Oct 30, 2005, 04:26 AM
George and Michella were on a much needed holiday the last week and a half, so we didn't rush the fish out of quarantine as we would be majorly under-staffed to take and fulfill the orders, shipping etc et of new discus.

Also with them gone and if the new fish were in shop, the quarantine tanks would be empty. We don't like leaving the quarantine tanks empty for such a long time. It creates fluctuation in the system (high bio-load, then no bio-load) and may create problems for the next shipment of fish, should we lose too much of the good bacteria from running a system empty.

Anyhow, the discus and various other fish are now coming into the shop and another shipment of fish will be arriving in the next few days.

kev

G-1000
Mon Oct 31, 2005, 05:47 AM
Kev,

How much you want for the marlboro reds ?

G

BillyBlanks22
Fri Nov 04, 2005, 07:10 AM
Kev,

Any update on the Inca's? Not too worried If I dont get them now, just curious on what the situation is......

kevkoi
Fri Nov 04, 2005, 08:27 AM
Mate, best u call them directly to see what's left. 02-93155288.

I believe the Inka's came out and started flying all over Australia already. If you put your name down with SLS, u might have received a call if we got down to your name before we ran out of fish.

If not, I'm hoping to send some more out in about a week.

Kev

PJP
Fri Nov 04, 2005, 08:27 PM
sorry goldfish you missed out I got the pearl pigeons the day they came to the shop
I saw them in the bags when I went to pick up the ocean green pair I had set aside and couldn't resist

kevkoi
Sat Nov 05, 2005, 01:38 AM
Goldfish,
Ah well, the pearl pigeons have gone to a good home... :lol:

Peruvians which? Angels or discus? The small Peruvian angels are already at SLS. Peruvian Discus, errmmm.... I didn't order any Peruvian discus. Next peruvian shipment is still up in the air. No connecting flights, and I'm only after Apistogramma inka50 from them atm. :?

BillyBlanks22
Tue Nov 08, 2005, 07:57 AM
My Inca 50 pair have finally arrived!:D

Thanks to Michella and George at SLS and Heinz at All Aquarium!