PDA

View Full Version : help with settling fish

skoom
Thu Sep 22, 2005, 11:20 AM
Currently having difficulties settling a discus into the main tank. It is a 3 inch red pearl i picked up from SLS almost 2 weeks ago. The other fish are 4-5inches.

There are five larger discus in the main tank (330L).

Everytime i put him in he gots bashed and he turns black, and thicking of the slime on his body. All his fins clamped up. I didn't like the sight so I isolated him into a 2foot tank. I've tried putting him in twice now, each time i've tried to move the single piece of driftwood i have. Doesn't really work.

Any other tips?

The longest I've tried to put him in is 1½ days...should I try to leave him in longer? But he looks terrible, and great when isolated. Yet to eat much though. cheers.

skoom

aquafrogstuff
Thu Sep 22, 2005, 01:40 PM
Does it really matter if 'he' doesn't go in the main tank? I'm thinking the social structure in the main tank may have been established. The new fish upsets the environment and the rest react aggresively. Have you thought about putting putting one or two from the main tank in the smaller one with the new discus so see if the aggression persists? I'd be interested to know.