PDA

View Full Version : Any hunters - shooters on the forum ????

Jonesy
Thu Sep 22, 2005, 10:33 AM
hi all well i just got my firearms licence and was woundering if there are any others on the forum...

would love to chat to some people about where to go shooting etc..
as i am new to this sport

kalebjarrod
Thu Sep 22, 2005, 09:03 PM
Sorry, not a big fan of the "old gun"

if you need to go shooting why not try in a paintball park, thats my hint

spencer
Thu Sep 22, 2005, 09:52 PM
Sport?

blackwater spa
Fri Sep 23, 2005, 03:38 AM
It has the potential to be a really great sport if only the animals also had guns and knew how to shoot back...

lesley
Fri Sep 23, 2005, 10:37 PM
blackwater spa,

just thinking about it puts a great big smile on my face!

On the road outside our place, our two wombats, dead, just shot for no good reason. If the animals could shoot back we might even get rid of some of these nasties!!

Sorry Jonesy, don't mean that you are irresponsible, just that there are lots who are!

goldenpigeon
Sat Sep 24, 2005, 12:20 AM
jonesy u shout try paintball guns, laser skirmish (spelling), target shooting.... or join a shooting club. unless u r shooting rabbits i dont think u should kill animals... o yer u can kill those stoopid cane toads too ;)

blackwater spa
Sat Sep 24, 2005, 05:48 AM
Not only rabbits and cane toads but also useful when culling fry

goldenpigeon
Sat Sep 24, 2005, 06:13 AM
:shock: culling fry? that would cost a fortune with the amout of amo u would need to buy. i prefer the freezing way ;)

Jonesy
Sun Sep 25, 2005, 09:43 AM
i am a member of a target shooting club.. i went today and had a plast.. as for the peolpe who had negative coments about the sport that i cuse KEEP it to your self the tittle of the post clearly states... any hunter-shooters.. not any tree hugging hippes

Littlefish
Sun Sep 25, 2005, 10:07 PM
Wooo... Peace, man! I need the trees to, like, shelter my ganga crop...

Fred :mrgreen:

goldenpigeon
Sun Sep 25, 2005, 10:34 PM
LOL u bogan!

Littlefish
Mon Sep 26, 2005, 02:38 AM
:lol:

lesley
Wed Sep 28, 2005, 09:09 AM
maybe you should put your comments on a hunters/shooters forum then???

nicholas76
Sat Oct 22, 2005, 11:30 PM
Jonesy!!

hows the shooting coming along mate, getting better on those targets?
what type of gun do you have?

hunting / shooting is a great sport, those knocking it have a right too but please keep it civil.

Let me remind those - the amazon lounge is for chatter not necessarily discus related. If you read somthing you dont like stick to the main stream section.

nicholas76
Sat Oct 22, 2005, 11:34 PM
with that said

jonesy have you gone out into the "field" yet, what are you after ?

chrissyoscar
Sat Oct 22, 2005, 11:44 PM
Well said Nick

I totally agree. It'll beintresting to see how many vegetarians we have on this forum.

Littlefish
Wed Oct 26, 2005, 09:48 AM
Hey - cows eat vegetation, therefore (since you are what you eat) cows count as vegetables.

Meanwhile...

Two hunters get lost in the bush. The first hunter says that he was told that if you fire three shots in the air people would take it as a distress signal. So he fires three shots in the air and they wait.

After an hour the second hunter fires three shots in the air and they wait. No one comes to their aid. This goes on for some time before the second hunter says to the first:

'Are you sure this is what we're supposed to do?'

'That's what I was told,' replies his mate.

'Well, I hope someone comes soon,' says the second hunter, 'We've nearly run out of arrows!'

marg
Thu Oct 27, 2005, 12:55 AM
Duh. Good one Littlefish :D :D .

gotti
Thu Dec 15, 2005, 01:23 PM
i am a member of a target shooting club.. i went today and had a plast.. as for the peolpe who had negative coments about the sport that i cuse KEEP it to your self the tittle of the post clearly states... any hunter-shooters.. not any tree hugging hippes

HAHAHAHA :D good call

goldenpigeon
Thu Dec 15, 2005, 10:54 PM
nice joke lilfish hehehehehe

jonesy if you want target practice and come up here for a holiday i can show u where they is heaps of cute little bunnies to shoot :D they destroy everything!

Littlefish
Sat Dec 17, 2005, 07:29 AM
Wow - nice move, gotti: Post a reply agreeing with Jonesy, then try and sell him a second-hand car!!

GP, it's the toads who are responsible for attracting all these rabbits to Queensland. They sit around all night going 'R-bit! R-bit!'.

And rabbits are really annoying too:

A rabbit hops into a butchers' shop and says: "Have you got any cabbages?"

The butcher says that he doesn't sell cabbages and the rabbit hops off.

The next day the same rabbit hops into the same butchers and says: "Have you got any cabbages?"

The butcher, slightly peeved, says "Look, I told you yesterday - I'm a butcher, I don't sell cabbages, now ping off!" The rabbit hops off.

The next day the rabbit hops into the butchers again and says: "Have you got any cabbages?"

The butcher, completely hacked off now, snaps: "No I haven't got any chuffin cabbages! If you come in here again asking for cabbages I'm gonna nail your #@*#^# ears to the floor!"

The rabbit is scared by this and quickly hops out the door.

The next day the rabbit hops into the butchers and asks: "Have you got any nails?"

The butcher replies: "No."

The rabbit says: "Have you got any cabbages?"

goldenpigeon
Mon Dec 19, 2005, 07:44 AM
lol ur just full of em arent you matey hehehehehe

Littlefish
Mon Dec 19, 2005, 09:46 AM
Well, my wife says I'm full of it. Don't know if that's the same.

Fred :?

goldenpigeon
Mon Dec 19, 2005, 11:51 AM
lol ur a classic mate hehehehehe

Mulisha
Mon Dec 19, 2005, 12:53 PM
Nice jokes LOL :wink: