PDA

View Full Version : vertically circling discus, like on the spot circles

wyldchyld01
Wed Sep 21, 2005, 05:17 AM
hey all,

just thought i'd check with everyone what they thought, have a discus (newly arrived shipped from mel o/night) vertically circling, thought it might be swim bladder probs as the little guy can get to the surface without any probs, like a cork lol.

Not a funny matter i know but funny to see, it is starting to settle in with the group, could it be disorientation as he was hitting walls, filter you name it and initially not swimming with the group, (other five arrived fine)

once i switched on light light at that end of the room he started to settle and like i said started to swim with the group and doesn't have any probs that i can see keeping down so i was ruling out bladder. I'm not that worried but just checking opinions, am going to be keeping my eye on it for the next couple so pointers would be good to keep in mind,

cheers all

Brenton

ps mods on retrospect this could probably have gone into illness not so much emergency at this stage, would appreciate a thread move if poss, can't see option for me to do it ty

Merrilyn
Wed Sep 21, 2005, 06:40 AM
Brenton, some of them become really disoriented after shipping, and may take a day or two to settle.

I really think that's all the problem is, in this case.

None the less, it bears watching for any other signs of illness.

Good luck.

wyldchyld01
Wed Sep 21, 2005, 09:52 AM
yet again, illustrious merrilyn, you are quite correct i think, scary how you do that lol.

have turned off my 14000k light near their tank after seeing it lying flat on the bottom of the tank looking like it's having heart palpitatiions, about an hour ago.

Just been out looking at them, all six swimming in school, and it is hard to see which one was the sick one, added some food (foolish i know) but they ate a little so it all looks good.

fingers crossed

B

Benny
Wed Oct 05, 2005, 11:56 AM
i hope all has gone well

Keep us posted mate

wyldchyld01
Wed Oct 05, 2005, 02:02 PM
yeah ta benny, the fish has righted itself and is doing ok, still the most scared little discus i've ever seen but eating well and generally part of the main group, all of them are now coming up to meet my hand as i give them food so it all looks good for these guys.

Brenton