PDA

View Full Version : discus weight issues

sammigold
Tue Sep 20, 2005, 11:17 AM
Can anyone tell me realistically how long it should take to fatten up my discus... He has been sick (yes the blue diamond :lol: ) and I think he is looking quite skinny.. his forehead is quite obvious... he is eating well now and has been for the last two days... I would just like to know an approxiamate time frame of which I could expect to notice him looking fatter... I am feeding 4 or 5 times a day... (You should see how fat my black widow tetras are!!! Their little boombas :lol: )

wyldchyld01
Tue Sep 20, 2005, 12:46 PM
sammi,

this may be nothing, but has anyone suggested worms, does the fish look for food? sounds like it eats well and i am just applying common dog/cat methodology here but it seems to fit?

hth

Brenton

Benny
Tue Sep 20, 2005, 12:53 PM
after a bout of hex, or whatever it was you had, it will take about a month to fatten the fish up.....

Benny

nag
Tue Sep 20, 2005, 12:57 PM
Hi Sammi:
If he's eating all the 4-5 times that you've been feeding, he'd be good looking by the end of a month...
Bye,

sammigold
Wed Sep 21, 2005, 05:26 AM
thanks.. he didn't have hex... he had an unidentified tumour type thing in his stomach... seems to have been bacterial... as tetracycline did the job... so far... am still monitering him. So about a month... hey.... cool 8-)