PDA

View Full Version : update on sick BD

sammigold
Mon Sep 19, 2005, 11:16 AM
Well I have taken myself out of the emergency room to update...

Today I put my Blue Diamond back into the main tank after being in hospital tank for a week and having treatment with tetracycline....

He doesn't have a bulging stomach anymore, and he seemed to be freaking out in the hosp. tank and I couldnt be sure that he was eating...

Anyway this evening has been very promising as he has been out the front a few times and so far today has had some Flakes, discus granules, brine shrimp and a healthy amount of beefheart... of course these were all separate feedings... but he has come up to eat with the others and showed definite interest in food!! (thank god)

He currently looks quite thin to me so I will be doing my best to fatten him back up... (his forehead seems a little hollow around the eyes) I'll try and get a photo over the next couple of days so that I can get an opinion.

At least his eating now, his colour seems back to normal and his eyes are going back a nice orange colour.... He's still hiding a little but that is probably due to the stress of being taken out and put back in... at least he ate virtually as soon as he went back in the tank... he was looking for food straight away!!! yey! :D :D :D

axelfaz
Mon Sep 19, 2005, 11:52 AM
good to hear sammi hope it all works out well

Merrilyn
Mon Sep 19, 2005, 02:01 PM
Sammi that's great. Sounds like he's on the road to recovery.

the_oracle
Mon Sep 19, 2005, 02:26 PM
Sammi,
Looks like you're sucessful in treating your sick fish. Bravo..............
But monitor him for the time being, make sure he's alright............
Wishing you all the best.................

Sanie.

marg
Mon Sep 19, 2005, 04:01 PM
Best wishes Sammi. Sounds like you've got it beat.