PDA

View Full Version : 2 x 2 tanks,,, anyone have a picture?

nicholas76
Sun Sep 18, 2005, 09:54 AM
Guys and girls

contemplating getting a 2 x2 , does anyone have a pic so that i can gather if its suitable for what i want.

cheers

Ben
Sun Sep 18, 2005, 12:05 PM
Hi Nick!

Is this what you have in mind?

Ben
Sun Sep 18, 2005, 12:06 PM
Or maybe something a little larger mate? :wink:

nicholas76
Sun Sep 18, 2005, 01:00 PM
hehehe cheers mate

tell me what you think

a 2 x 2 x2 for a pair of lovely discus ( the strain , ill tell you in person ( also have a pic hehehe)

now all i need is our mutual friend to design a nice chrome stand and to work out the type of filtration i want for it. I really want it to look as clean as possible from the inside. ( less wires etc in the tank ) thinking a built in side or back filter. Some place to hide heater as well if possible.

if your free tomorw give me a call and i will call you back on the work phone, have an idea or two that id like your assistance with.

thanks for that coffee we could have stayed for ages but new you had to leave!.

nicholas76
Sun Sep 18, 2005, 01:02 PM
Ben,

those 2 fters

are you running just a sponge or do they have cannisters as well??

ive never ever run a tank on purely a sponge but love the idea !

lesxda
Sun Sep 18, 2005, 01:30 PM
the fish do well in a painted tanks the blues look great

Mattzilla
Sun Sep 18, 2005, 09:49 PM
do you mean 2x2x2 ft tanks???
i have a couple of them side by side

i'll find some pics tonight when i get home for you

Ben
Mon Sep 19, 2005, 04:52 AM
Hi Nick,
coffee anytime mate!
i could not believe the time when you left! lol

I will give you a buzz tuesday...

If you run a cannister filter you could have an inline heater aswell as a inline Uv, so there would hardly be anything visible iside the tank other than an inlet and outlet pipe for the filter.

I have sponges on all my tanks, except for some of the babies which i also have a cannister on it aswell.

if you are going to get a custom made tank, if it was me i would not go higher than 20 inches, Even 18 inches, but that is just my opinion if setting up with breeders...

talk soon,

Cheers,
ben