PDA

View Full Version : my tank is overcrowded!!!

endless
Sun Sep 18, 2005, 01:26 AM
I have a 5x2x2 tank and have the following in fish inhabiting the tank:
6 x 5inch discus
1 x 4inch discus
6 x 3inch discus
5 x 6cm tall altum angels
4 x corys
25-30 x neons/cardina
6 x fighters
1 x kissing gourami (im trying to move this fish into my quarantine tank but i cant seem to catch it so i guess its staying for the time being)

I know my tank is grossly overcrowded or will be grossly overcrowded in the future but i cant get myself to sell my discus cause i love them all.
My filtration should be able to cope with this load however im concerned about getting rid of the nitrates and phosphates. i was thinking of dedicating a cannister just for getting rid of these two compounds. My idea is to stuff this cannister with say 5 pouches of nitrazorb and maybe 2 pouches of phoszorb and some carbon. I will still do bi/tri weekly water changes. what do you guys think of this idea?

Stuart
Sun Sep 18, 2005, 01:31 AM
Personally I think getting another 5x2x2 tank set up would be best :)

endless
Sun Sep 18, 2005, 01:35 AM
thought about that but no more room in the house. i do have a spare 3foot and 2 foot tank that i use for quarantine/hospital/breeding purposes. If the situation really gets bad i guess i could put them there.

Stuart
Sun Sep 18, 2005, 01:44 AM
It's tough - I started with one fishtank - and then things bred.

I now have 23 aquaria of one description or another. M.T.S. (Multiple Tank Syndrome) is contagious by the way................

:D