PDA

View Full Version : YAY another discus

look@thefish
Fri Sep 16, 2005, 10:01 PM
So yesterday i brought this one...what ya'll think (was the only one their with a fair bit of colouring) it was 85.. U'd say thats a good price?

If ayone is in melbourne theres a guy at V&L Aquarium on HIGH ST PRESTON who sells em for 70 bucks usually (deerest are 85) They are still a lil on the young side..

look@thefish
Fri Sep 16, 2005, 10:16 PM
and another

mcloughlin2
Fri Sep 16, 2005, 11:25 PM
Bit hard to tell with those pics wat its value is...but i would say thats quite cheap

chris
Fri Sep 16, 2005, 11:32 PM
Looks like good value over here, that fish will develope into quite a nice fish great shape. :wink:

Ben
Fri Sep 16, 2005, 11:56 PM
Great buy mate!

your new addition to the family looks very healthy!

Cheers,
Ben

Merrilyn
Sat Sep 17, 2005, 07:59 AM
Lovely shape on that little guy.

$85 is a good price for a nice shaped discus. Hard to tell what size he is. Looks like about 6 or 7 cm, is that right.

He should grow into a lovely fish.

look@thefish
Sat Sep 17, 2005, 08:57 AM
yeah id say about 6cms maybe 7. Im not quiet sure as what to look for ..(but i noticed on the nose and to the headline there a few pale back dots)

When u say shape? should it be more rounded and circular?

Everytime i buy from this guy weather it be angels or discus hes always got good looking fish nice finnage (not tatters) and throws in a free bag of black worms whenever i buy a new fish ..

If ur ever in PRESTON melbourne gotta check him out

sammigold
Sat Sep 17, 2005, 12:59 PM
ooohhh you've got him in trouble now :lol: :lol: :lol: He never gives me free worms...but he does give me good deals and he is a very knowledgable nice down to earth guy..

Merrilyn
Sat Sep 17, 2005, 03:04 PM
He has a good shape for a young fish. He will become more rounded as he gets older. :P

look@thefish
Sat Sep 17, 2005, 10:41 PM
sammi gold...u also buy from him?
So therefor u must be a local huh?
Know of any other places nearby that sell nice discus for reasonable prices?

If u ever looking for more tanks, there a good spot i found down bell st mall called HEIDELBERG PET SUPPLIES, this guy is fantastic his name is GRAHAM, every tank i have brought brand new was from him my 4 foot was only 210 brand new and fully set up (although i did have a filter alreay)

sammigold
Sun Sep 25, 2005, 12:45 PM
yes. I am in Preston.... I bought my discus from Oakleigh Aquarium, the guy Mak imports discus as well as breeding his own.. he is very reasonable...you should drive down there and have a look its on Warrigal Road. I like looking around at all the discus but I am not buying anymore for a while. I want to work out which ones are my favourites and then will think about adding. I can only really add two more to my tank... as even though mine are only young and not full size yet they will get to full size and if I have too many I will have to get rid of some and I wont want to its a neverending cycle... so I just windowshop at the moment.