PDA

View Full Version : My Little Albinos

Dee
Wed Sep 14, 2005, 03:24 PM
Hey All,

Thought I would post some pics of my new little Albinos I got from Merrilyn recently. There only small little guys about 2inch SL, great fish ... always on the move and begging for food. Sorry for the crappy pics, but I had to use the flash because the tank lights where off :roll: these pics make them look a little darker in colour than they really are :?

A BIG thanks to Merrilyn for these guys :D :D :D :thumb

Cheers,

Dee :)

Dee
Wed Sep 14, 2005, 03:31 PM
Thought I would also post some pics of my sub adults :D Once again the flash has done funny things to their colours :roll: these guys range from 4-5inch SL.

Cheers,

discusme
Wed Sep 14, 2005, 03:40 PM
Very nice discus Dee :).

Can you please name the strain of your discus in picture Group1rs.jpg (from left to right) :) ? Thanks.

Cheers,
Ronny

Dee
Wed Sep 14, 2005, 03:52 PM
Hi Ronny,

Thanks for the comments :D Discus in that pic L to R as follows ---

1.Golden Mosaic
2.Red Turq
3.Red Turq
4.Mosaic Leopard
5.Red Turq
6.Web Leopard Snake Skin

All those guys still have a fair amount of size and colour to develop, I think they around 9-10 months old. HTH

Cheers,

Dee
:)

discusme
Wed Sep 14, 2005, 04:02 PM
Thanks Dee.

I like their shape, round and small eyes :). Keep up the good work :)
I remember seing your post when you just bought it ;)

Did you end up getting more of mosaic leopards and weblss ?

Cheers,
Ronny

blackwater spa
Wed Sep 14, 2005, 04:08 PM
WOW! They look fantastic!

But what does "Web" mean in "Web Leopard Snake Skin"?

Ben
Wed Sep 14, 2005, 11:24 PM
Hi Dee!

Those new additions look great mate! 8-)

Are those the sub adults i saw a while back when they were only very small?
If they are they have grown sooooo much! :shock:
Well done Dee!

Cheers,
Ben

ps, i love the 9 watt internal sterilzer! :wink:

goldenpigeon
Wed Sep 14, 2005, 11:30 PM
VERY NICE!!!! those r the 1's u got from rod right? champion fish u have there!

ctvu
Thu Sep 15, 2005, 12:43 AM
Hi Dee

The group shoot is stunning I like them all, especially Albinos you can not go wrong with them.

Cheers

ctvu

ozarowana
Thu Sep 15, 2005, 02:04 AM
Great looking fish. Discus with great shape always look good no matter what their colour is. :D

Mattzilla
Thu Sep 15, 2005, 04:39 AM
wow stunning fish !!!

kinezo
Thu Sep 15, 2005, 07:51 AM
heya Dee

awesome pics buddi

they are looking very very happy...
and i bet ur happy also

u better be.. hehe

keep it up...
kinezo

Dee
Thu Sep 15, 2005, 01:45 PM
Hey All,

Thanks for the comments :D

Ronny, yeah I ended up ordering - 3x Golden Mosaics 1x Mosaic Leopard and 2 more Red Turqs :wink:

Blackwater, from my understanding web leopard snake skin means the "web" like pattern of the markings. I have read in the past that they are not actually spotted, but the striations are so fine they appear as dots ... dont hold me to that though :roll: My understanding is they are from the same brood as the mosaic leopards, but they express the snake skin gene ... once again I could be very wrong ... HTH :oops:

Ben, yep they are the little guys you saw that time you came over. I have had them for 6 months now and they have definatly grown :wink: Lotsa WC's and TLC hehe :D

GP, yeah they are the guys I got from Rod Lewis ... great qaulity fish, thanks for your comments !

Kinezo, how's it going mate ? yeah Im very happy with the Albino's top little fish ... always bickering over food :roll: :lol:

Cheers,

Merrilyn
Thu Sep 15, 2005, 03:52 PM
Dee, those little guys look super cute. I love to see the fat tummies on them. They are obviously very happy in your care.

The rest of your fish are gorgeous. You have some lovely specimens there.

Congratulaltions Dee.

Dee
Thu Sep 15, 2005, 04:01 PM
Hi Merrilyn,

Thanks for the comments ... the Albino's are very cute ... great personalities, even my GF who isn't a fish person loves them :wink: they are always begging for food for their little pot belly's :lol: Thanks again for the the Albino's :D

Cheers,

africandiscus
Thu Sep 15, 2005, 08:40 PM
AWSOME!!!!!!!!!

Davo
Fri Sep 16, 2005, 01:15 PM
Is Rod Lewis still breeding discus? His website is down and I have not seen any posts from him for a while.

Dave.