PDA

View Full Version : Bad luck comes in threes!!!

sammigold
Tue Sep 13, 2005, 12:42 PM
Well, we are having a wonderful lot of fun at the moment....
1. BD is sick with some unidentified bulging intestine currently being treated in hospital tank with tetracycline. (on going saga for last week!) :cry:
2. On Sunday put 7 New guppies in 40litre tank 2 dead in 12hours. Wake up this morning One body missing overnight and 2nd one displaying symptoms of columnaris (probably due to stress) treated tank but too late to save pretty female mosaic: still treating tank in the hope of preventing any further deaths. Kicking myself for not doing it yesterday when she was showing stress symptoms ie. clamped fins and hiding. but she looked healthy other than that and the little male was swimming around quite happily all day so had no warning at all with him. :x
3. After this discovery walk into lounge room and find our mono (in 3ft tank) with a bulging cloudy eye and tattered slime coat. :shock: :o Was looking fine before bed last night. So now have separated hospital tank into 2 and have mono being treated with tetracycline as well!!! :roll: :roll:

What have we done wrong this week!!! talk about bad luck. We have had no problems for years in the 3ft tank. Well I feel like florence nightingale dividing my time between tanks looking after my sickies and keeping a close eye on their tankmates.... Well wish me luck I think I need it!!! :cry:

Merrilyn
Tue Sep 13, 2005, 01:12 PM
Ohhhh Sammi, what a rotten run of luck. You should have at least the next twelve months free of dramas. You've had all yours at once.

sammigold
Wed Sep 14, 2005, 12:15 AM
well today I still have 5 guppies left... 1 sick but alive discus.... and 1 dead mono...(that one hit us for a six!! totally out of the blue!!! :cry: :o ) we have had our mono for over 6 years and he was a nice big fat healthy looking fish until yesterday morning and then by midnight last night he was gone... he went downhill very fast...