PDA

View Full Version : How many discus can i fit in this tank???

mcloughlin2
Thu Sep 08, 2005, 08:58 PM
Yeah as z above how many adults discus can i fit in a 48x18x20 tank??

I cant remember the rule is it 1 per 10g or 1 per 10L.. :D

TeeFM
Thu Sep 08, 2005, 10:44 PM
I think you can keep about 6 adult discus. The rule is one adult discus per 10 gallon or 40 liters. HTH

mcloughlin2
Fri Sep 09, 2005, 09:34 AM
Ok thanks... :D

Can this rule bent.?? 8-)

I have a aqua pro cf-1500 cannister filter on my tank so would this make it possible for me to keep maybe 8 adult discus keeping in mind if i get a pair i will move them to another tank once they start to breed...

If i keep 8 will it affect growth rate?? Or if i do water changes will it be ok?? :?

The biggest discus at the moment is bout 4" the smallest bout 3"..there are only 4 discus in the tank at the moment hence y im askin this question incase i over crowd the tank...i want to buy two 4" discus from SLS this weekend that have paired up but i want to be able to buy at least two from my LFS wen they import their discus form germany in the next 4 weeks..

Any info would be great>>> :D

mcloughlin2
Fri Sep 09, 2005, 10:31 AM
Anyone????????????????????

Ben
Fri Sep 09, 2005, 10:36 AM
mcloughlin2,

Just be careful you dont want to over do it.
You could have 7 adult discus in a tank of that size but that would mean a minimum of %30 water change every day.
I have 6 adult in a tank that size, it is bare bottom with nonthing in it at all! :?

And remember the more things in the tank, reduces the amount of water. :(

Fish are happy as long as they get there daily water change. Just remember with large fish there is a huge bio load, so the day you forget to do a water change thats when things can go wrong.

Do what i do, buy another tank!!!! when i want more discus!! :shock:

Hope this helps a little. :D

Ben

marg
Fri Sep 09, 2005, 01:52 PM
I agree. If you are going to buy two that have paired up, you obviously nitend to attempt to breed, so you will need a tank for those two on their own anyway. No point in trying to successfully breed in a community tank. :) .