PDA

View Full Version : continuing constipation saga?!

sammigold
Thu Sep 08, 2005, 11:11 AM
My blue diamond is up and down like a yoyo... He is back in the main tank with everyone else and sometimes he comes out and sometimes he hides... sometimes his colour is good and then the next minute he will change colour from normal to dark to light all within a minute. when he does this it is accompanied by heavy breathing and swimming on a slant in the one spot... then he will come good be upright and swim out with the rest. I just don't think he is right yet. I have put salt in the tank and bought frozen brine shrimp ( which he hasnt really eaten, the others get there first) He tends to pick around at the gravel so I am pretty sure he's eating something (hope its not the gravel that would really cause digestive problems) I am worried because I HATE seeing him/her stressed and I don't know whether I am over reacting or not. The colour changes are new... before he just looked dark occaisiionally now he goes really pale, like we do when we are sick about to faint, the changes only last about 5 seconds... its wierd... any suggestions....... thanks in advance

sammigold
Fri Sep 09, 2005, 09:55 AM
well today I decided to take the bull by the horns so to speak!
Having observed BD for a while now and not noticing any improvement and noticing that sometimes he and his 3 mates do a little flick off the leaves of the anubius I decided that maybe he has a skin parasite of some sort so I medicated the tank with para-blast. When I got home from work I noticed that BD is now out and about alot more, he even looked interested when i brought out the brine shrimp (came up to the back with his mates first time in over a week) He isnt hiding as much and his colour is not changing. His fins are still a little clamped at times but he is overall looking much happier I wouldnt say better. I think he is a bit skinny. Anyway hopefully this will be a change for the better!!!

goldfish
Sat Sep 10, 2005, 11:36 AM
whats para-blast?what brand is it?

sammigold
Sat Sep 10, 2005, 12:30 PM
the brand is aquatopia australia each tablet has 20mg trichlorfon and the dose is 1 tablet per 40litres. Have used it before with great success on a loach of mine that was looking very emancipated (even though he was eating like a pig) One month later and he is looking nice and healthy, putting on weight and growing in size. I think he had an internal parasite thing. My LFS gave me this... (he is the only one that ever seems to diagnose things right for us so I trust him heaps) It seems to be working.. my bd ate for the first time today in over a week HTH

endless
Sun Sep 11, 2005, 01:06 AM
Other brands that do the same thing are paracide by aquamaster and para-ex by wardleys. These medication are effective against flukes