PDA

View Full Version : Another Melbourne Newbie

jimhsv
Tue Sep 06, 2005, 05:04 AM
G,day all just want to say hello, a newbie when it comes to Discus as i dont own any yet but i will soon.

Just doing as much research as i can to find out how to look after Discus and this forum has been very helpfull as i do want to get into the breeding as i do with all my fish.

Ps can sls open a store in Melbourne i would love to see all the varieties i dont know where to get good stock from down here.

Merrilyn
Tue Sep 06, 2005, 05:30 AM
Hi Jim, welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. And welcome to the wonderful world of discus. There are quite a few members of the forum in Melbourne, so always good to see another newbie.

When you're ready to get fish, there are several places to get good quality fish advertising right here on the forum. You'll find everyone friendly and helpful here, so if you have any questions, just ask away. :newbie

jimhsv
Tue Sep 06, 2005, 06:22 AM
Thankyou ladyred.

goldenpigeon
Tue Sep 06, 2005, 06:42 AM
yo yo yo punk and welcome to DF.com :D glad to have you here

you wont have a problem round here cause hapf this forum is made up of melbourneons :lol:

marg
Tue Sep 06, 2005, 07:24 AM
Welcome Jimhsv.

You'll love this Forum - everybody is really helpful and if you have any problems you only have to ask.

As stated, half of the members seem to come from Melbourne, and the other 40% are from Sydney. Of the final 10%, some come from overseas, some from the A.C.T., and the last 1%? - that's me, from good ole Country NSW, Stuck right in the middle. So near and yet so far.

Wish I lived in either Sydney or Melbourne - I'd like to add to my Fish Family, but there's nowewhere near here unfortunately.

goldenpigeon
Tue Sep 06, 2005, 07:54 AM
lol margot,
u forgot to mention the gold coast. there are a couple of ppl here too

marg
Wed Sep 07, 2005, 02:17 PM
Oh Junior I am so sorry - how on earth did I forget you :oops: , you being the resident funnyman and all !!. If you are feeling a bit down, look for a Post that Goldenpigeon is partaking in and your spirits will soon be uplifted.

No, seriously, I am sorry - you may only be a young feller but you sure know a lot about Discus Fish.

ctvu
Wed Sep 07, 2005, 11:51 PM
Hi

Welcome to DF. Very glad to have another Melbourne discus fan.
When you are ready for discus (or to be broke ) as LR said and + there are several quality local breeders here and SLS can send the fish down here like many of us including myself have ordered in the past.
Good Luck and Enjoy

ctvu

kalebjarrod
Thu Sep 08, 2005, 02:27 AM
Welcome to the forum