PDA

View Full Version : Blowing

tank
Mon Sep 05, 2005, 06:15 AM
How much longer will my female keep blowing on her eggs it the 4th day
and no wrigglers (I dont think they will hatch now) most of the eggs have grown in size but they are white like concrete

dreamer
Mon Sep 05, 2005, 06:25 AM
if they are white then most likely they arent fertilized.

nicholas76
Mon Sep 05, 2005, 07:56 AM
HI tank,

depending upon the temperature of your tank water the normal hatch time is 48 hours after fertilisation. ( i stress this may vary give or take a few hours )

4 days and gone white - They are non fertile eggs. But dont worry ! they will try again in 7 days or so .

Good parents will continue to fan and take care of the eggs depsite being dead.

What i usually do is clean the cone for them as this continous " fanning " or blowing will simply stress them out after pro longed periods. It pointless for them to do this.

now its time to do a nice water change , fatten them up with some good food, and with a bit of luck they will start all over again

cheers

nicholas76
Mon Sep 05, 2005, 08:00 AM
tank i forgot to mention.

I found with my pairs its best not to disturb them ( especially if they are young couples ) when they are in the act of spawning.

as in dont stick your head out in front of the tank, walk around the room, that kind of thing.

cheers

ps post up some pics

tank
Mon Sep 05, 2005, 09:01 AM
Hi Nick
Sounds like good advice I knew the eggs had gone bad yesterday or so and i was wondering how long she would keep it up
I will change cone i have a new cone to use so ill swap it over tonight

pics of fry i promise