PDA

View Full Version : Pleco George/Rareones

mistakes r crucial
Tue Aug 30, 2005, 08:08 PM
According to another forum I visit the Pleco George saga is now a proven fraud. Anyone that sent him money is well advised to call the fraud sqaud or your local police.
MAC

Ben
Tue Aug 30, 2005, 11:08 PM
Wow!

I have been keeping an eye out on those rare cats for sale, so there you go, a big scam!!!!

Well not sure if this breaks the rules (i dont think it does)

http://p088.ezboard.com/fboroniaaquariuminteractivepagesfrm3.showMessage?t opicID=5768.topic

Ben

***admin, if disclosing the website is a big no no, please delete.***

Proteus
Tue Aug 30, 2005, 11:39 PM
Ben...

There is no problem with that link.

So long as people are aware of what is going on, and to the bona-fides, or more appropriately, the lack of them in regards to this person, the less chance there is of other people being ripped off or scammed.

mistakes r crucial
Wed Aug 31, 2005, 12:27 AM
I have spoken to someone at length this morning that has been in constant contact with the supposed seller. They are still not 100% convinced it is a scam, as opposed to the other forum post I read, but it is looking more likely with each day that passes. Let's hope it isn't as I have been made aware that at least 50K is known to have gone to his account, maybe more. Not a bad few weeks work if you can live with yourself and don't mind a few months behind bars.
MAC

goldenpigeon
Wed Aug 31, 2005, 07:17 AM
OMG!!! from reading all that i would say he is a freud!

mistakes r crucial
Wed Aug 31, 2005, 10:02 AM
Nice typo Golden lol! He's a Freud alright, certainly aint stupid!
MAC

Merrilyn
Wed Aug 31, 2005, 11:34 AM
Out of the mouths of babes Nigel .............................

Ben
Wed Aug 31, 2005, 12:00 PM
I think this is a learning lesson for all of us!

I feel sorry for those that have no fish and are out of pocket $$$.

Ben

kevkoi
Thu Sep 01, 2005, 03:18 AM
On the QLD cichlid forum, if you have been done by this fraud, Admin there is compiling details to submit to Fraud Squad.

email: georgedidmedry@qldcichlid.com

http://www.qldcichlid.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1293

.... I'm sorry for the people who handed out the money for these fish. Surely all the signals that this was a fraud were there. I remember I was SCREAMING "FRAUD" on another forum, but was shot down instead for not giving this guy a "chance" :roll:. Surely ALL these fish couldn't have been around for so long to someone who was completely unknown within the catfish circles.

If it's too good to be true, it probably is. When this amount of money is at stake, surely you'd be asking for reliable references. This guy had none...

This scam was not only on the internet. It was also up on the Trading Post.

.. sigh....

mistakes r crucial
Thu Sep 01, 2005, 03:39 AM
If you read this George and you probably will, you'll get caught, it might take a while but eventually it will happen. You'll make a mistake or two, people like you invariably do so when I hear of your demise I'm going to raise my glass and take a drink.

I feel for the people that lost money to your scam, you spoilt my week as I was looking forward to those fish but never mind. It's nowhere near as bad as the amount of time you will now have to spend looking over your shoulder and wondering who is knocking on your door. Sleep tight George!
MAC

Darth_discus
Thu Sep 01, 2005, 07:33 AM
nice, but scary words there form mistakes r crucial

you better watch out george it might be mistakes r crucial knocking on your door

Tryhard
Thu Sep 01, 2005, 07:34 AM
Words cannot describe the rage I feel towards this "gentleman" :x He has befouled any ideals I have had towards this hobby and what can be acheived when a bunch of like minded individuals sit down and divulge thier ideas and knowledge of a particular area of expertise. The selling of excess brood stock or getting out of the hobby and selling your breeders is one way "tryhards" like myself can get a real leg up and advance yourself but when a person or persons deliberatly sets out to prey on this you can only hope that they feel the full weight of the law or a club with nails in it whatever comes first. :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

mistakes r crucial
Thu Sep 01, 2005, 08:18 AM
I don't think so Darth and if you read any threat in to my post then you were mistaken. Good old George has not had his hand in my pocket for a cent, I was merely stating a fact, if you blatantly rip people off it's naiive to think life is going to be simple for a while.
MAC

Proteus
Thu Sep 01, 2005, 10:58 AM
rumour is (and I stress it is not proven yet) that our dear friend George has been arrested...

oldschoolculture
Thu Sep 01, 2005, 12:07 PM
Thats awesome news. Im personally disgusted that someone thinks they can get away with such an act. I have heard that he was bashed then arrested. I dont condone such actions, but i gotta say.............it made me smile (a little bit) :lol:

goldenpigeon
Thu Sep 01, 2005, 02:07 PM
LOL starts singin "bring back the biff" ;)

Namn8r
Mon Sep 12, 2005, 03:25 AM
Unfortunately I was one of the unfortunates who got suckered in but lucky I didnt lose out too much. A week after not hearing from him after depositing the money I started doing some of my own investigating. I managed to check the account details and saw some majorly big transactions being deposited by unsuspecting catfish enthusiasts and some big withdrawals from the culprit.

After contacting the trader (which were of no help) and then I contacted local police. They advised that this may not even be looked into by major fraud investiagters as the incident had to reach a certain dollar value before they took care of it. $1mil i believe and local police couldnt intervene because it was out of their durastiction.

Luckily a friend of mine works in CIB made the time and effort to pull a few strings and had it investigated. His account was frozen as far as I have heard this morning a Pleco george has now been caught and locked up by NSW police! :lol: Unfortunately though as far as I know there are ZERO fish all lies & deception....

marg
Mon Sep 12, 2005, 04:44 AM
The main thing is that the dud has been caught.

Merrilyn
Mon Sep 12, 2005, 05:55 AM
Thanks for that update Namn8r. I do hope the information you have is correct, and this guy has finally be caught. This guy goes under a lot of different names, George, Dave, Andrew, Whoopiman, and has been around the fish circles for a number of years.

Seems he decided to find a way to make a quick buck out of some innocent and trusting people.

George, Dave or whatever you call yourself, I sincerely hope you get what you deserve, you don't seem like the brightest crook in the world.

To all those who were scammed by this guy, I hope you get your money returned. I understand the amount involved in the account is in excess of $160,00.

Just a warning to everyone out there, if it doesn't look right, and doesn't smell right, then it isn't right.

Ask questions before you hand over your hard earned cash. This guy couldn't even give accurate information on some of the fish he has supposedly kept and bred for years.

Namn8r
Mon Sep 12, 2005, 11:32 PM
Ive been looking up as many other forums that he has hit up as well and passing it onto the authorities. I would urge anyone that has been scammed by him or that has more information for him to contact The Adelaide Tactical unit on 08 8463 7132 and pass on more information. Lets put people like him away for good.

Namn8r
Tue Sep 13, 2005, 03:00 AM
Contact the Adelaide tactical unit if you are from SA or Detective Goodhand from Coffs Harbour Police if from other states. He is handling the case.

1) Contact him on (02) 6652 0299 to lodge your case if you are a victim of this person;
2) Email all evidence/communication you had with George to good1sco@police.nsw.gov.au, please include your contact details and address and a police will need to visit you to take a statement;
3) He will response with an acknowledgement of your receipt of your email lodgement.

teflon
Thu Sep 15, 2005, 05:15 AM
Well as soon as I read his post i knew he was a rip off ******.....Only buy fish from people who have a good track record or go pick the fish up and inspect before paying.
It also makes it even more sus if the person is not a regular on sites and only has a few posts.

Let this be a leason and i hope you get all your $$$ back

Namn8r
Fri Sep 16, 2005, 01:58 AM
Hi Teflon,

although he was suss...he was also a good con artist. Im not sure wether you have seen some of his other posts on other forums but he also posted maps with directions to get to his supposed private fish farm and a post inviting people who questioned his creditbility to come to an open day on the farm and even pickup your stock on that weekend...of course which turned out to be all lies.