PDA

View Full Version : Freeze Dried Blood Worms

merman
Mon Aug 29, 2005, 05:05 AM
Looking for a good brand of these have used Tetra and San Francisco brand and found them to be loaded with dust and crap and not big whole freeze dried bloodworms any reputable brands out there?

Merrilyn
Mon Aug 29, 2005, 08:18 AM
I find all of the dried bloodworms to be dusty, and perfer to feed frozen worms.

The freeze dried worms crush easily and are good for feeding fry.

Ben
Mon Aug 29, 2005, 12:30 PM
I have never been keen on using freeze dried products myself.

frozen or fresh would always be better as freeze dried food looser's a certain amount of vital minerals in the process.

Cheers,
Ben

WrxAnt
Mon Nov 07, 2005, 08:36 AM
Hey Guys,

When feeding frozen blood worms.. do I just chuck the 'cube' in?

Or do I defrost and drain first?

Cheers
Ant

Mattzilla
Mon Nov 07, 2005, 09:51 AM
i have added freeze dried blood worms to my beefheart in the past.... but never really saw any direct or indirect reslits from them

DR.V
Mon Nov 07, 2005, 11:43 AM
Hey Guys,

When feeding frozen blood worms.. do I just chuck the 'cube' in?

Or do I defrost and drain first?

Cheers
Ant

Just chuck it in. :P

endless
Tue Nov 08, 2005, 02:52 AM
MMMM migoreng

Lichan
Tue Nov 08, 2005, 07:20 AM
U can do either - it will not hurt either way. I find it easier to defrost and feed a chunk at a time. This way I make sure all the food gets eaten before I feed anymore. If you have a few fish and a bare bottom tank all the worms will most likely get eaten or cleaned up with the next vaccum. Mind dont tend to pick at the bottom much and dont like the thought of worms and uneaten food rotting in the gravel for to long. Try it both ways and see which way suits you and your fish either way is fine though ??