PDA

View Full Version : whats the diffrence between blue diamond/ocean green?

Kaiser
Sat Aug 20, 2005, 06:55 AM
can anyone tell me whats the diffrence between blue diamond/ocean green?
Their blue colour looks all same to me.

mistakes r crucial
Sat Aug 20, 2005, 07:35 AM
These days Kaiser you might as well make up your own names and call them what you will. I'll stand corrected but to my mind there is little difference at all. I haven't seen many so called Ocean Greens but the ones I have appear very similar to Diamonds to me. Maybe someone who keeps/breeds them will be able to give you more of an answer.
MAC

mcloughlin2
Sat Aug 20, 2005, 08:00 AM
I read a thread about this and i think it was kevkoi z that blue diamonds often turn a greyish blue colour while the ocean greens keep the blue colour throughout itz life....

Im not sure of this as i seen quite a few adult blue diamonds that are bright blue... :wink:

Proteus
Sat Aug 20, 2005, 09:45 AM
When you put them together they are easily distinguishable.

IMO Ocean greens generally have a better shape (they dont tend to get the bump in the nape area that a lot of BD's get). Also, under light, there colouring is more striking (more like turquoise).

also, OG's usually always have solid red/orange eyes

DR.V
Sat Aug 20, 2005, 01:08 PM
Hi Proteus, is that Blue Diamond ??

I love the tank !! and the discus too !

Proteus
Sat Aug 20, 2005, 01:19 PM
No, Ocean Green

One of my Breeding pair of OG's (now at lot bigger than in that photo)

Ben
Tue Aug 23, 2005, 01:10 AM
This might seem a tad bit strange, i can notice the difference very easily by natural sunshine.

Blue diamonds will have that classic blue colour, whilst Ocean greens get an aqua green reflection from thier scales.

Ben

nicholas76
Sun Aug 28, 2005, 09:34 AM
Ocean Green and Blue Diamond Discus are both mutations from the Cobalt strain. :!:

The Ocean Green,, putting it simply,, has a green / blue colour tone in the body.

Hence why there is so much confusion or even argument in distinguishing who owns what. Photography in most cases can be misleading.

Kaiser I understand what you mean,when you say they all look the same, thats not far off from the truth. Get yourself a nice "green" pair and your on the money :wink:

The eye rings of the Ocean Green can be red, orange and yellow.

Some specimens also show the last stress bar which is located at the tail.

Hope this helps.