PDA

View Full Version : SLS: Large discus SELLOUT!!

kevkoi
Fri Aug 19, 2005, 05:49 AM
We have many nice 4" Red Turquoise to offer at exceptional prices!!!!

LARGE adult 4" Red Turquoise, fantastic colour and excellent shape...

$80ea!!!

pick up your instant pairs for cheap! :lol:

kevkoi
Fri Aug 19, 2005, 05:51 AM
few more pics...

Kaiser
Fri Aug 19, 2005, 06:04 AM
How much is the shipping cost to melbourne?

Benny
Fri Aug 19, 2005, 06:22 AM
We have many nice 4" Red Turquoise to offer at exceptional prices!!!!

LARGE adult 4" Red Turquoise, fantastic colour and excellent shape...

$80ea!!!

pick up your instant pairs for cheap! :lol:

Are any of the fish in the tank actually pairing up, or are you just trying to get us enthusiastic ?? (im asking a legitimate question)

kevkoi
Fri Aug 19, 2005, 07:05 AM
U'll need to be there to observe if there are pairs paring up, Benny....

We can make pretty good guess as to male/female fish, and in isolation, 80% of the time, they will pair up. However, as to if this pair will raise fry successfully and how many fry per spawn, etc etc, this remains unknown.

There's too much b*ll about "breeding pairs" for sale. No professional breeder in Penang would pass up a very productive, young, true "Breeding pair" with fry on their backs. Young adults that pair up are not proven... This guarantees you nothing.

Growing 6 fish up from juveniles is also the same.... U may get a pair pairing off, but again, whether they would raise fry successfully, big question mark.

With this offer, u don't have to wait 12months to find out... They're already grown up for you. :wink:

-------------------------------------------

Shipping to Melb is $55/box.... up to 8fish of this size in the box.

Proteus
Fri Aug 19, 2005, 10:33 AM
These fish look great, and wont last long at all..

so unless you are quick, there will be no chance for any pairing up.

:wink:

Sam
Sat Aug 20, 2005, 09:14 AM
The discus look awsome. I've been looking at them all day.
There are so many discus that you dont know if they are pairing off together, because 2 seconds later they have all swam around everywhere you dont really remember which one is which and which two discus were next to each other, Lots to chose from. But they are going quick.
And I think what Kev meant when he was saying pair, was just 2 fish, not a literal breeding pair.
And from what i have learnt in the past few months about discus breeding is that the success of the fry and growing them, etc, all comes down to how good the the person breeding them is, its not something that just happens or that will happen in an ordinarily maintained tank.
There are posts on this forum that explain this in detail.

mcloughlin2
Sat Aug 20, 2005, 09:31 AM
Kev how long is the special guna last...is it to all the fish are sold or for a few days???

Tried to get there today but couldnt... :cry: ...do u reckon there will still be some good quality ones next sunday...???

Benny
Sat Aug 20, 2005, 04:30 PM
nowhere did i mention breeding pairs... I just asked if they were pairing up, i know the distinction....

AussieStar
Tue Aug 23, 2005, 11:13 AM
kev,
How many you got left? and how much are the driftwood with plants on them like the huge pieces? looking for a couple

Proteus
Tue Aug 23, 2005, 12:36 PM
There is over a dozen of the larger Turqs in the store, and there are some very nice ones, with great markings/Patterns.

As for the pieces of wood with Anubias attached, they start from approx $25 and go up to and above $200 for the really large heavily planted pieces.

kevkoi
Wed Aug 24, 2005, 02:03 AM
There will be fish good available next Sunday I'm sure. I think we can safely say this deal will be extended until all are sold.

Davo
Thu Aug 25, 2005, 12:37 PM
I was at SLS this afternoon and there are are quality Turq's still for sale at great prices $90 etc.

If you want some go and get them.

Dave.

spotted
Mon Aug 29, 2005, 10:35 AM
Yesterday me a friends when and bought 6 turq, and today I came for 2 but can not help my self and end up with 4.
SLS is a great store, they help and give excellent advice.
Thank SLS. :lol: :lol: