hi there
is there anyone in melbourne in the s/eastern area

who would like to dispose of their pair of discus

please email me if interested

thanks
discus21

Merrilyn
Mon Aug 15, 2005, 10:56 AM
Breeding pairs of discus are very difficult to come by, and when you do find them, they command a very high price.

The other thing is, just because they have bred for someone else, doesn't mean they will breed for you. Sometimes the move from their usual tank into a new tank is enough to put them off spawning for months, or even longer.

It's really much better to buy 6 juvenile fish and allow them to pair off naturally.

One of our sponsors, SLS or G&S may be able to offer breeding pairs. Air freight to Melbourne can be quite simply arranged.

mistakes r crucial
Mon Aug 15, 2005, 08:41 PM
Hi 21,

If you're not in any great hurry we will have quite a few breeding pairs for sale but not until around Christmas time or a bit later. We have around 70 of Roy Khoo's fish growing out and many of them have started pairing off and laying eggs. There are 7 different strains.

We won't be selling them until we have a successful batch raised from each pair so they will be confirmed pairs. However, they won't be cheap, they are top quality fish so at this stage probably around $600 - $1,000 a pair.
MAC

discus21
Mon Aug 15, 2005, 11:14 PM
thanks mistakes

but that is a far bit out of my price range
also i prefer to get them from someone in melbourne

good luck

discus21

Proteus
Wed Aug 17, 2005, 04:20 AM
Topic has been split, refer General Discus Questions topic area.