PDA

View Full Version : First timer with Discus Eggs

Annie
Fri Aug 12, 2005, 04:15 AM
Last night a pair of my Blue Diamonds finally layed their first eggs...it is a really bad pic, actually was getting really to wipe the inside of the tank down as well as a water change....plus I left the flash on...
I also had to separate the female and male with a plastic divider, the female was eating the eggs, so I left the male withthe eggs. Not sure what else to do...
http://www.aquaria.info/modules/gallery/albums/Annie-s-Fishies/000_0594.sized.jpg

Merrilyn
Sun Aug 14, 2005, 09:44 AM
Great pic Annie.

That's great news that your pair have spawned.

How are they going now ?

Annie
Mon Aug 15, 2005, 04:04 AM
Well, I I ended up taking down the divider, figured that I would not play god for now and let nature take it's course...so the eggs turned golden and they were eaten. Bummed I was, but I know that they will spawn again and as I have mostly cichlids, I know the reputation for them and their egg eating habits. Hopefully by leting them control the happenings this time, next time will turn out more positive.

Merrilyn
Mon Aug 15, 2005, 12:56 PM
Well at least they've started Annie, so the next spawn should be in less than two weeks. Give them some time to get it right, and I'm sure you will have babies soon.