PDA

View Full Version : what would i get if i crossed...

Mattzilla
Mon Aug 08, 2005, 06:46 AM
my brown male ( that is a throw off from a pigeon blood spawn) and a straighted pigeon blood?

please see the pictures below to take a look at the potential couple. the pigeon blood is my newest addition to the tank and she (i think) has been madly shimmering in front of the large brown male (again i think) for the last few days the large brown is now starting to shimmer back and they are hanging around together a lot.

would their offspring be mostly pigeon blood considering that the brown was a throw back from a pigeon blood spawn? both it;s parents where pigeon bloods...[/i]

kalebjarrod
Mon Aug 08, 2005, 09:18 AM
you would get the vast majority show as pigeon

general rule is

if male is xx

and female is yy

you will get

25% xx
50% xy
25% yy

but if the male had a pigeon past you will most probalbley throw back to some of its pidgeon past

so even if you don't see the resalembance the 50% xy specimums will be a tipical cross between the dominate genes in the male Brown (being pidgeon) and the female pidgeon

you will recive 25% xx which may throw back to the dominate pidgon gene

and you will get 25%yy which should look like your female

(in a perfect world that is :wink)

DR.V
Mon Aug 08, 2005, 10:43 AM
Hmm this is sounds like year 11 biology ryan...

Hehe ...

Mattzilla
Mon Aug 08, 2005, 10:46 AM
that sounds right.....

but i think the fact that the brown parents where both pb will have a bigger effect on the outcome

kalebjarrod
Mon Aug 08, 2005, 10:49 AM
correct

because the pidgeon gene is the dominant gene

(year 11 bio, A+ student here LOL)

Ben
Mon Aug 08, 2005, 01:14 PM
No Matter what Matthew you will get great offspring!

The male's 5th stress bar really interests me...

I like it!

cheers,

Ben

ps, thanks agin for the info!

skoom
Tue Aug 09, 2005, 02:35 PM
my ocean green and a red rose paired up and spawning weekly. I think they've practiced enough (4x in main tank) and I've a new tank ready for them...

what will their offspring become? Most likely and bland combo? But there's a chance i can have a one-off-wonder right?? haha...

Mattzilla
Thu Aug 11, 2005, 08:50 AM
thanks ben, yeah i really like the predominant 5th bar as well...gives it that wild kind of feel

well i just noticed that the pb has her breeding tube down, is cleaning the silicone in a corner of the tank and doing some dry runs. the brown is there from time to ime cleaning it as well but hi/her breeding tube is not down yet. they are both shimmering like mad to eachother still...great to watch

just my luck that all this is happening tonight when i am leaving to go to the snow at 4am tomorrow! spewing

but apparently it's shaping up yto be the best weekend of snow yet this season!

kalebjarrod
Thu Aug 11, 2005, 09:08 AM
WEB CAM

thats all i can say LOL