PDA

View Full Version : Aquamaster Magic Clear

Kaiser
Tue Aug 02, 2005, 01:11 PM
Has anyone used this stuff before? I am thinking add some into my tank to help clear up the water since its cloudy.

chris
Tue Aug 02, 2005, 11:42 PM
Never heard of the stuff, why has your water gone cloudy :?:
Regular water changes should keep your tank clean and water clear.

Have you done anything different lately :?:

Proteus
Wed Aug 03, 2005, 05:40 AM
Kaiser, where are you located?

Kaiser
Wed Aug 03, 2005, 06:44 AM
I am located in Melbourne.
Just had the tank set up since Saturday and the water is still cloudy.
I was told by LFS that magic clear can make the water cytstal clear within 24 hours but they are out of stock right now.
Some people said just leave the water and others says change 20% water every few days.
Kind of confusing right now and dont know what to do.

Dee
Wed Aug 03, 2005, 03:01 PM
G'day Kaiser,

Sounds like the tank is begining to cycle if it's only been set up since Saturday, hence the cloudy water. How are you cycling the tank ? with or with out fish ? I would personally give it a week or so until the tank's cycle kicks in and wouldn't bother with the Magic Clear. Once the tank is cycled and you have sufficient filtering you should have crystal clear water anyway. :) HTH

Cheers,

Dee :)

Kaiser
Wed Aug 03, 2005, 04:47 PM
thanks Dee
I got a canister and top filter for 24 hours non stop since got almost 550l water in the tank.
Only got a pair of Angels in it.
Also got gravel in it and looks bit brown colour with the water. that could be the problem?

tara
Sat Aug 06, 2005, 02:31 AM
Hi Ivé just set up a new tank as well, just over a week ago. Mine too looked slightly cloudy but it will clear as the cycle process moves along. I am new to this so I'm no expert. Also did you wash your gravel? I got a 20kg bag and it was so dirty I spent about an hour and a half cleaning it in a bucket under running warm water and moving it around with my hands. I was quite amazed how black the water was when I started. Once the water in the bucket was clear then I put it in my tank. If you didn't wash it I think it may filter through, if not someone else might know what to do. Otherwise large water changes might help but I think this might slow down the cycling process, so get some more opinions first.