PDA

View Full Version : anyone tried Geo-solution?

Kaiser
Sat Jul 30, 2005, 01:56 PM
Has anyone tried Geo-solution from oafi in oakleigh?
I just set up my newly arrive 450L tank last night.
I had add Aqau Plus and Cycle into the water. Got a top filter and a canister filter running at same time with 5kgs ceramic rings and some bio balls in them.
The water is so cloudy and is Geo solution gona help to make the water cystal clear or I need to add anyother stuff?
Thanks

Darth_discus
Sat Jul 30, 2005, 10:38 PM
i went there yestarday and going to use today for water change and i'll see how it goes

i'm not an expert but i used the more expensive type and the water stayed cloudy as it is supposed to and i also added water conditioner.

yes it does make it absolutely clear but it depends on the water quality and if u have used it before in water changes, because the worse the water is the longer it stays cloudy.

kalebjarrod
Sat Jul 30, 2005, 10:45 PM
your new tank will cycle and go go through the normal algee routine before it settles

Geo is not going to help that to much

it will help the fish feel more comfortable, and it does do a little for water clarity :wink:

Kaiser
Sun Jul 31, 2005, 02:00 AM
So far the PH is 6.6 and 30 degrees temperature. but the waters clarity didnt inprove at all. Wondering how long have to wait for the water to become cystral clear,,,,,,

kalebjarrod
Sun Jul 31, 2005, 02:07 AM
depends on how much junk is in the water

the more nasty chemical the longer it takes

Kaiser
Sun Jul 31, 2005, 03:00 AM
Could be the gravel coloured the water?
I washed the gravel and left 1st tank water for 24 hours then I changed water.