PDA

View Full Version : Malvern Aquarium

CMDiscus
Wed Jul 27, 2005, 11:09 AM
Hi! Mate,
Just to ask who is the new owner of Malvern Aquarium shop ? any Discus available there?

Thanks

Merrilyn
Wed Jul 27, 2005, 03:41 PM
Sorry, haven't heard who the new owner is, or if they have discus. Maybe some of our other Melbourne members may know.

CMDiscus
Thu Jul 28, 2005, 06:18 AM
Thanks folk,I am just looking for some old friends by name of Laurie Lee,Kin Seeto and Michael Reeves ,anyone out there knows these guys ?

Rgds

kenkun88
Tue Aug 09, 2005, 06:50 AM
i saw laurie tidying up the shop before closing when i popped in 2 months back. when was the shop bought over?

CMDiscus
Tue Aug 09, 2005, 09:48 AM
Hi! Kenkun88,
Thanks a lot!

nicholas76
Sat Aug 13, 2005, 05:26 AM
yeah laurie still owns that store.

its looking a little average thesedays i hear that he is spending most of his efforts working at the new store in the western suburbs

CMDiscus
Sun Aug 14, 2005, 01:15 PM
Thanks mate! Does he selling Discus there? is there any Discus speciality shop in Melbourne?

nicholas76
Sun Aug 14, 2005, 01:26 PM
he has a couple. not his speciality lets put it that way

if you want a place or two to visit send me a pm and ill tell you further

mcloughlin2
Sun Aug 14, 2005, 10:04 PM
Nicholas76,

Y not just post the shops u noe bout on here so everyone noe's bout them. :) ..it might help other people out an saves time having to pm everyone.. :)

nicholas76
Mon Aug 15, 2005, 07:48 AM
Hi all,

Generally I wont endorse a retailer publically unless the endorse / promote the web site or the hobby

( not that I have any affiliation with this site but dont think they deserve free promotion none the less, )

In relation to buying discus in Victoria I believe we received a raw deal.

private sellers through the trade are ideal ** have a look

In terms of retailers Oakliegh importer is your best bet. Just take your time in inspecting his fish and haggle on the price.

Reeflections is the best LFS for marine in town located in moorabin.

Personally Id look interstate and examine sellers based in QUEENSLAND !!.

For those wanting blue diamonds keep a look out for Bens fry as they are approaching selling age.

I believe Lady Red has a few red melon fry for sale too so stay tuned for those.

If anyone else can suggest some good discus sellers please post up. I am yet to see a big variety of discus strains and good prices at any LFS in Victoria.

nicholas76
Mon Aug 15, 2005, 10:24 AM
Updates folks

if anyone is after pearl pigeons, red melons or white faced marbs please let us know and il direct you to a person selling his personal stock.

all 2 inch and local suburb in eastern vic

Merrilyn
Mon Aug 15, 2005, 11:05 AM
I will soon have some Albino Gold Snakeskin juveniles at 2 inches, from a local breeder available. Imported parents, but locally bred.

Priced from $80. I'll get some pics up next week.

Dee
Mon Aug 15, 2005, 02:44 PM
Hello Merrilyn,

Im very intrested in the Albino's you will have available, can you please let me know when they are up for sale. I would be intrested in 4 :D is 2inch the total length ?

Cheers,

Dee :D

Merrilyn
Tue Aug 16, 2005, 10:32 AM
Hi Dee. I believe that is standard length, 2 inches plus the tail.

I'll post pictures as soon as I get them here.

Dee
Wed Aug 17, 2005, 01:46 AM
Hello Merrilyn :D

Thank you for the info, I have sent you a PM :wink:

Cheers,

Dee :)