PDA

View Full Version : EOI: Exotic new fish arriving next month!!

kevkoi
Tue Jul 26, 2005, 03:46 AM
....and coming in middle of next month's shipment, some nice rare fish (legal imports!):

Dwarf cichlids
Apistogramma atahualpa "Sunset"
Apistogramma cruzi
Apistogramma eunotus
Apistogramma sp. "Hauswell" aka "Maulbruter" (Mouth brooding Apisto)
Apistogramma sp. "Inka 50" (one of the most spectacular)
Apistogramma biteaniata "marine blue"
Apistogramma norberty
Mikcrogeophagus ramirezi (Wildcaught)

Angels
Pterophyllum scalare "Peruvian Altum", (small and Jumbo)
Petrophyllum altum "Orinoco"

Corydoras
Corydora cf. arcuatus "red gold" aka Super arcuatus
Corydora cf. aeneus "Gold fluorecent" aka "Gold line corydoras"
Corydora cf. aeneus "Green fluorescent" aka "Green line corydoras"
Corydora hastatus
Corydora leucomelas
Corydora nijsseni
Corydora cf aeneus "Orange fluorecent" aka "Red line corydoras"
Corydoras sp "Peru Black"

Wild Bettas
Betta macrostoma
Betta channoides
Betta taeniata
Betta patoti

Tanganyikan shipment list as yet unconfirmed.... but there will be some goodies. ;)

.... have fun figuring out what's what. Time to have fun with some propper fish, not all the cheap and nasty Asian imports Australia usually gets.
When u've figured it out, feel free to gimme a holler at tanyongkoon@gmail.com

endless
Tue Jul 26, 2005, 08:41 AM
im interested in the altums. How big are they? and any indication of price??

kevkoi
Wed Jul 27, 2005, 01:16 AM
Altums are small.... generally about the 20cents body size. These are tank breds out of Germany, NOT wildcaught Columbian stocks. (Although I may try one more lot of new season wildcaughts soon... haven't had the best luck with wildcaughts :cry:, but maybe 3rd time lucky?)

The German baby tankbreds were $80 on the last shipment. I believe there's a looooooooooong line of ppl on the waiting list of these fish, so if you are serious, I suggest u pick up the phone and leave SLS with your contact number and the numbers u are after. Last lot of 23 altums sold in under 6hours!

Proteus
Wed Jul 27, 2005, 11:24 PM
In conjunction with this new injection of Dwarf Cichlids into Australia the ADN will also be launching an all new website/forum.

Dedicated to our little friends, Dwarf Cichlids...

Dave76
Thu Jul 28, 2005, 12:45 AM
Hi Kev

Are the Corydora leucomelas wild caught or tank bred ?

Any idea on prices as yet ?

Cheers

Dave

kevkoi
Thu Jul 28, 2005, 03:14 AM
All fish are wildcaught and would have been quarantined for well over 4weeks prior to them being offered for sale.

I am not at liberty to discuss prices at this present moment. They will be put up closer to the release date. Also note that for these rather rare corydoras, the prices will be as competitive as it gets. :wink:

goldfish
Thu Jul 28, 2005, 04:52 AM
if its $2.95...thats what i call competitive!!ahahahha
,,hey kev,,,where does these corys come from?

kevkoi
Thu Jul 28, 2005, 05:39 AM
All Corydoras are Peruvian species (quick search thru google would give u all the info you are after on these fish).

At $2.95, u can supply me with 100 of any species listed. :lol: Couldn't even buy most of them at that price out of their native Peru!! :lol:

Some pics of the corydoras coming... some like the Laser lines, u have to see in the flesh to be completely awed (Pictures don't do them justice)

kevkoi
Thu Jul 28, 2005, 05:43 AM
some more..

kevkoi
Thu Jul 28, 2005, 05:45 AM
and more...

kevkoi
Thu Jul 28, 2005, 05:54 AM
Also both the Real Altum and the Peruvian altum are arriving....

Attached below is the face profile to distinguish both.

Also here is a link for info about the highly regarded Altum angels
http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/pages/show_article.php?article_id=285

another

http://article.discusnews.com/cat-04/peruvian.shtml

... should make for interesting reading.

kevkoi
Thu Jul 28, 2005, 06:00 AM
Just to be a show off again.... below are some of the pics of the Apistogramma sp coming soon (for those that hadn't seen them!)

kevkoi
Thu Jul 28, 2005, 06:04 AM
more of what's coming...

kevkoi
Thu Jul 28, 2005, 06:09 AM
now comes the bettas...

goldenpigeon
Thu Jul 28, 2005, 06:26 AM
they r some very nice fish kev :D would love some of those cory's

endless
Thu Jul 28, 2005, 09:35 AM
hi im just wondering what sls number is? also when do you expect these fish to arrive and be out of quarantine. I live in melbourne and was wondering whether this would be a problem in delivery of these fish. if all is well and the price is right id probably be looking at buying 5

goldfish
Thu Jul 28, 2005, 10:34 AM
i was being humourly sarcastic,,,,no bad intent there to sound like offensive!!!

the Apistogramma sp "Inka 50 and Apistogramma atahualpa "Sunset", i havent seen them before,,normally how much do they normally sell for in a fish shop?

kevkoi
Fri Jul 29, 2005, 01:26 AM
As far as I know, the 2 variants (Inka 50 and Sunset) have never been in Australia. Almost 2/3rds of this shipment has never made it to Australian shores before. :lol: 8-)

Shipping to Melb should not be a problem as I believe there may be other hobbyist from melb getting some fish. Usually works well for a few hobbyist from one state to band togehter to arrange one box of fish over to save freight charges.

SLS number: 02-93155288

Fish expected to arrive middle to end of August.

mtchye
Mon Aug 01, 2005, 08:46 AM
Hey Kev,

Are there any apistos left from last shipment? I think there will be a mixed box coming to Perth and I was thinking of some trifasciata...

mtchye
Mon Aug 01, 2005, 08:51 AM
Also some opal or normal borelli would be nice - not that blue faced thing thats been going around...

AussieStar
Mon Aug 01, 2005, 09:13 AM
any pics of the wildcaught rams?

Proteus
Mon Aug 01, 2005, 09:33 AM
I have photos in the Discus Tankmates topic area of the Wild caught Rams from SLS (I have several pairs)

kevkoi
Mon Aug 01, 2005, 03:01 PM
Hey Kev,

Are there any apistos left from last shipment? I think there will be a mixed box coming to Perth and I was thinking of some trifasciata...

Mtchye, Apistogramma trifasciata is not a problem (walk in the park to get them... :lol: ). Let me know how many you are after and what ratios you are after, I'll hand select them and get them specially sent and labelled for you. I won't be bringing too many excess A.trifasciata this round as the upcoming shipment of rare Apistos and other rare fish is going to keep the guys and gal at SLS busy and confused enough already. :lol:

Just to clarify, you are after Apistogramma trifasciata "Guapore Red" correct? I also can obtain Apistogramma trifasciata macliensis.

kevkoi
Mon Aug 01, 2005, 03:04 PM
Also some opal or normal borelli would be nice - not that blue faced thing thats been going around...

Have a problem there.... Don't have a shipment from Venezuala and all the A.borelli I see in farms here are the blue faced rubbish. :? I'll see if I can arrange some propper opals from Singapore, but no promises.

Merrilyn
Mon Aug 01, 2005, 03:57 PM
Just wanted to update you Kev on those little altums I got from you last shipment. They have grown so well, nearly doubled in size. Looking for food every time I walk past the tank.

If anyone is looking to get those german tank bred altums, don't hesitate. I got three from the original shipment, about 6 months ago, and another 10 from the last shipment. Wonderful healthy fish. I can highly recommend them.

mtchye
Tue Aug 02, 2005, 02:20 AM
Merrilyn you must have the largest collection of live altums in Oz :) Hope you have some success breeding them too :)

Kev, don't do any extra ordering yet. I am yet to choose exactly which species, might end up getting one I haven't had before... Due to lack of space (too many discus!) can only get a pair or two..

Cheers
Vincent

endless
Sun Aug 07, 2005, 01:37 AM
lady red, how big are your altums after six months and would it be ok to keep small altums with mature discus? Also how difficult is it to keep these fish?

Merrilyn
Sun Aug 07, 2005, 09:16 AM
Hi endless. I have found these altums pretty easy to keep. They are very healthy, robust fish, eat everything, and like the same water conditions as the discus. I bought the first lot when they were approx the size of a 20 cent piece with fins. They would now be 15 to 18 cms top to bottom, including fin.

This second lot have doubled in size in three weeks.

oscar
Sun Aug 07, 2005, 10:38 AM
Hi Kev,

Will definitely be chasing some c.superarctuatus. Nice piece of gear. Any closer estimate of dates ans 'ballpark' figures?

dreamer
Sun Aug 07, 2005, 10:46 AM
the arcuatus was soooo tiny .... probably 2cm including tail? can you get bigger one?

kevkoi
Sun Aug 07, 2005, 01:27 PM
Yes, the arcuatus from Columbia were small, but bear in mind, this is pretty much the new season for South American fish atm. Wildcaught corydoras from SA are pretty much "free size" as in whatever they catch.

However, the C."Super arcuatus" are a bigger variant and I expect these to be a good 4-5cm.

kev

goldfish
Sun Aug 07, 2005, 11:54 PM
ladyred,,is your water yellowish in colour?..ur using peat?,,cuz the angelfish doesnt look like an altum in the pic, im not saying its not,just look like it isnt maybe becuz the fins are not standing straight up!

have u got any pics showing the altums on full stretch??

dreamer
Mon Aug 08, 2005, 01:03 AM
pricelist for corydoras please ...

Ben
Mon Aug 08, 2005, 04:17 AM
Hi Goldfish,
The altum in the pic is still quite young and is very camera shy!

As for the colour of the water lets see what Ladyred has to say,

cheers,

Ben

Merrilyn
Mon Aug 08, 2005, 07:33 AM
Hi goldfish. The water in that tank is very yellow, due to peat filtering and a new piece of driftwood. They are definately altums, hand picked by Kev himself. Let's see if I can find some more pics of them and the previous batch.

Merrilyn
Mon Aug 08, 2005, 07:36 AM
This guy is from the previous batch, 6 months ago.

Merrilyn
Mon Aug 08, 2005, 07:49 AM
Look close, these are the new tiny altums. You can't mistake that profile lol There are 10 of these little guys in that tank, along with discus and altifrons.

Littlefish
Mon Aug 08, 2005, 08:35 AM
LOL. Yes, you can't mistake that snooty nose!

Beautiful fish, LR.

Fred :)

goldfish
Tue Aug 09, 2005, 12:07 AM
thx for posting the pictures up Merrilyn.
the older ones u have that has grown bigger is so much more easier to tell it is altum by the black stripes!!,can tell straight away by lookin at the lines!

i notice baby tiny altums and peruvians look the same!!!!,,,but once it gets to a certain size the obvious difference is very clear!!

i went to a LFS and saw the label "Altum Angels" for $35,,,,,,it looks very similar to the tiny new ones u have,im sure its probably Peruvian but they just labelled it Altum, i guess they purposely left out the word Peruvian before Altum:)
i'll try to post some pics up soon!!!

Brandon:)

BillyBlanks22
Mon Aug 22, 2005, 12:09 PM
Hi,
Interested in a pair of the mouthbrooding apistos. Are they still coming? I heard they may no longer be coming from a source in melbourne.

Mon Aug 22, 2005, 04:01 PM
is it possible to ship fish to Western Australia? also, would the Apistogramma go ok with Discus? I'm planning a 6ft Discus display tank and would love to put some Tetras and Apistogrammas with them...

AussieStar
Mon Aug 22, 2005, 09:09 PM
yea apistos are great tank partners for discus

kevkoi
Wed Aug 24, 2005, 01:59 AM
Apistogramma sent off today. All are Wild F0 fish.

A.noberty
A.cruzi
A.bitaeniata "Marine Blue"
A.bitaeniata "Sunset shusupe"
A.atahualpa "Sunset"
A.hauswell
A.panduro

-------------------
Corydoras

Corydoras aeneus "Gold shoulder"
Corydoras aeneus "Gold line"
Corydoras agassizi complex
Corydoras pygmaeus

Available now at SLS: Corydoras hastatus,
Corydoras arcuatus.

---------------------

BillyBlanks22
Wed Aug 24, 2005, 02:28 AM
No Inca 50's :(

Where are they coming from? Peru?

and approximately how many fish have u ordered per species?

kevkoi
Thu Aug 25, 2005, 02:39 AM
Inkas will be coming in on the next shipment. Suppliers have stock shortages of these atm.

Have approx 20pc of each. Young fish.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

List of fish coming on next shipment

Dwarf cichlid
Apistogramma beanchi "Inka 50"
Apistogramma agassizi "Red Head" - Santarem
Apistogramma cacatuoides "Red Gold" - Line bred
Apistogramma (T) candidi
Discrosus filamentosus

Tanganyikan cichlid
Lamprologus occelatus "Gold" - Wild
Eretmodus cyanostictus " Mpulungu " - Wild
Cyprichromis leptasoma "Gold"... and a few other variants - F1
Paracyprichromis nigripinnis - Wild
Ophthalmotilapia nasuta "gold"
Ophthalmotilapia ventralis "Sumbu"
Cyathopharynx furcifer "Ruziba Blue"
... and a few other interesting Tanganyikan cichlids. :wink:

Tropheus
Tropheus sp "Bulu point- Cherry spot" - F1
Tropheus sp "Bemba" - Orange band - F1
Tropheus sp "Ilangi" - Red - F1
Tropheus sp "Ikola" - Kaiser II - F1
Tropheus brichardi "Kipili" - F1

Interested in any of these or have a special request.. please PM or email me. ;)

BillyBlanks22
Fri Aug 26, 2005, 05:37 AM
will the apistos be in quarantine for 2 weeks before they are available for purchase?

Reillin
Fri Aug 26, 2005, 09:40 AM
Yes Billy,

They should be in quarantine for two weeks.

Kev, when is the next shipment due? Slightly disappointed that the inkas did not make it. Sorta stirred into a storm in the little circle of dwarf cichlids enthusiasts here in Melbourne. :)

Cheers,
Vien.

BillyBlanks22
Sun Aug 28, 2005, 02:14 AM
Vien,

What apistos do you keep atm?

Reillin
Sun Aug 28, 2005, 02:37 AM
Gday Billy,

Not that many at the moment. I used to keep a few years ago (about 8 years ago). I now am building my fish collection back up and rediscovering these beaut little guys. I have just purchased a pair of A. cacatuoides from a LFS. I will probably end up with about 15 2fts with Apistos in them. In the process of building a large wall-tiered stands.

Other than that, I have about 10 tanks atm. I keep basically all types of fish.

Cheers,
Vien.

Ben
Sun Aug 28, 2005, 04:12 AM
Thats great Vien,
I have just recently got hooked on dwarfs,
just set up 4 pairs of agassizi's.
great little guys, i might need some advise on them in the near future when it comes to breeding them!

Hienz in Mulgrave has some nice api's, any where else locally for the both of us that has good quality api's that you know of?

Cheers,
Ben

BillyBlanks22
Sun Aug 28, 2005, 08:37 AM
Yes he is the best source for apistos in Melb, has about 6 species in stock at the moment and is regularly getting new ones in, especially rarer species. Boronia aquarium and V&L in Preston get some in occasionally but nothing fancy.

Reillin
Sun Aug 28, 2005, 11:09 AM
Yes,

Heinz's is definitely the best shop in Melbourne for dwarf cichlids. He is an accomplished breeder and most of Australia would know Heinz. Therefore he always does seem to have an ace up his sleeves when acquiring rare species of fish.

Other than Heinz's shop. You can try Subscape in Richmond. They have a really good setup and stock some dwarf cichlids. V&L used to stock dwarf cichlids, but is slack of late. I think he is close to selling up.

There are always small gems in a tank in the corner in some shops, so hunting around can reap rewards. Of course, with petrol at the prices nowadays, lol.

Cheers,
Vien.

Ben
Sun Aug 28, 2005, 11:53 AM
Thanks Billyblanks and Vien.
I had not been to Hienz's shop for quite some time, geeez he has shed a few Kilo's.

I bought a male double red agassizi from him to go with a couple of german bred females.
See what happens....

He has an awesome collection of fish than most shops here in Melbourne, i took a liking to those bush fish he has at the moment!

I heard on the grape vine there will be an all new Dwarf cichlid forum comming soon! i can wait!

Thanks,
Ben

endless
Mon Aug 29, 2005, 01:16 AM
Can someone give me the address and contact number of heinz please.

BillyBlanks22
Mon Aug 29, 2005, 01:47 AM
ALL AQUARIUM & PET SUPPLY PTY LTD

8 Dunoon Crt Mulgrave 3170
(03) 9546 1025

Fax
(03) 9546 1011

There are always small gems in a tank in the corner in some shops, so hunting around can reap rewards. Of course, with petrol at the prices nowadays, lol.

True, I managed to pick up a lone pair of A. Nijsenni from an aquarium out in Berwick for like $15 the pair! Turned out to be a really peaceful pair too.

kevkoi
Mon Aug 29, 2005, 03:56 AM
Have just secured 15pairs of good size (4cm) Apistogramma beanchi "Inka 50". Will be sent over in about 2 weeks.

kev

Sime76
Mon Aug 29, 2005, 08:32 AM
When is the current batch due for release from AQIS?

Proteus
Mon Aug 29, 2005, 09:14 AM
next week

Daktari
Tue Aug 30, 2005, 12:05 PM
how much will the
Lamprologus occelatus "Gold" - Wild

Paracyprichromis nigripinnis - Wild

be..?

Cheers
Dak

kevkoi
Wed Aug 31, 2005, 04:05 AM
Michael, I cannot give you a price as yet as the fish have yet to be landed. It will be a competitive price for these fish however. :wink:

Sime76
Tue Sep 06, 2005, 08:01 AM
Have any Apistos come in yet?

Proteus
Tue Sep 06, 2005, 10:38 AM
End of this week...

blake17
Wed Sep 07, 2005, 05:35 AM
Hi,
Could you please e-mail me the prices of the rare bettas that you have?
infinite179@hotmail.com
Thanks,
Blake

mcloughlin2
Wed Sep 07, 2005, 06:37 AM
Try,

www.bettaforums.com

U may find wat u r lookin for there.... :D

kevkoi
Thu Sep 08, 2005, 03:27 AM
A.athaulpa "Sunset"
A.biteniata "Marine blue"
A.biteniata "Shusupe"
A.panduro
A.norberti
A.cruzi
A.hauswell

Juveniles, will not guarantee sexes.

... Available from SLS at $25ea or 4 for $80.

Wildbettas unfortunately have been sold.

Corydoras "Goldline" - $35ea
Corydoras "flourescent Orange shoulder" - $30
Corydoras elegans - $14.95
Corydoras arcuatus - $14.95
Corydoras pygmaeus - $6.95

Cuong
Thu Sep 08, 2005, 06:28 AM
Corydoras "flourescent Orange shoulder". Do you have any pictures or scientific names yet?

kevkoi
Thu Sep 08, 2005, 06:47 AM
Has yet to be scientifically described like many of the corydoras coming on of Peru atm.

dreamer
Thu Sep 08, 2005, 06:58 AM
hmm very tempting ... but i need to sell my common corys 1st :p

Sime76
Thu Sep 08, 2005, 09:01 AM
I'm going to call and confirm my order tomorow.

I'm in melbourne and looking to split the shipping with anyone who has a shipment. Any takers??

oscar
Thu Sep 08, 2005, 10:49 AM
Kev,

Any chance of seeing any Apisto cacatuoides 'triple red' (or similar colouration/patterning) in the near future.

I really like some as well as some wild caught Blue Ram females.

Am i dreaming, or is there a possibility?

Sime76
Thu Sep 08, 2005, 01:26 PM
Hey Kev,

What have you been feeding the apistos?

Sime

Reillin
Thu Sep 08, 2005, 02:12 PM
When you say "juvs" how big are they? Are they big enough to make a positive species identification? I'm asking because they are wildcaughts and when young, perhaps misidentification can occur?

Cheers,
Vien.

kevkoi
Fri Sep 09, 2005, 01:43 AM
Apisto are 2cm+ in size with some species bigger than others. (Cruzi are a good 3.5cm). The ID was sent by the Peru supplier possibly based on catch sites *shrugs*.

Apistogramma have been receiving bloodworms and Sera flakes while in quarantine.

Oscar, Wild blue rams are still available from previous shipment. I guess it wouldn't hurt to bring in some on the next shipment. I believe there still may be Apistogramma cacatuoides double reds available at SLS.

blake17
Fri Sep 09, 2005, 05:22 AM
Hi,
I still wouldn't mind knowing the prices of the bettas for interests sake if that is possible?
Thanks,
Blake.

oscar
Fri Sep 09, 2005, 06:34 AM
Kev,

Rang SLS the other day and Michella said they only have male Blue Rams. I only want one male, and a few females.

She also said that there were no Apisto Cacatuoides Double red or anything like that in shop.

Then again she said there weren't any cory arctuatus in the shipment, but you've posted a price above. On that note...the arcuatus, are they the 'super' arcuatus as stated in previous posts? Or are they smaller ones.

Might ring SLS again tomorrow and have another try.

BillyBlanks22
Sat Sep 10, 2005, 01:35 AM
Hey sime76,

Im down for some of the mouthbrooding apistos. You wanna split shipping? Where abouts in Melb are you?

Sime76
Sat Sep 10, 2005, 01:47 AM
Hey BB,

I've replyed to your pm

jim
Mon Sep 12, 2005, 01:58 AM
Hi,
I am after
Apistogramma sp. "Inka 50" &
Apistogramma norberty
..any left??

jim
Mon Sep 12, 2005, 02:07 AM
I am also after 2 other kinds of Apistos..
Is it possible that I post the pic up and you can find out the price for me..thanks...

oscar
Mon Sep 12, 2005, 09:08 PM
Just a quick note to anyone considering the Cory 'Gold Line', the image shown on the first page does them no justice at all.

I let Michella talk me into buying a couple despite the fact that i wasn't entirely convinced by the photograph presented. Anyway, they arrived last night, and i'm glad i got them. I'd recommend them to anyone.

Because the gold line is offset from the dorsal ridge of the fish, from elevated angles (as you tend to get with cory's) you get two gold lines that travel the length of the fish and converge at the base of the tail. It's really quite nice.

The body of the fish is also darker (not too much) than it appears in the photo, so the line does stand out more against the base colour.

Klaus
Fri Dec 30, 2005, 06:27 AM
I am interested if any of the listed Apistogramma species below is still available.
Apistogramma atahualpa "Sunset"
Apistogramma cruzi
Apistogramma eunotus
Apistogramma sp. "Hauswell" aka "Maulbruter" (Mouth brooding Apisto)
Apistogramma sp. "Inka 50" (one of the most spectacular)
Apistogramma biteaniata "marine blue"
Apistogramma norberty
Mikcrogeophagus ramirezi (Wildcaught)are still available.

How to get fish from interstate to Adelaide? Do they have to go through quarantine ?

kevkoi
Sat Dec 31, 2005, 03:05 AM
No, to Adelaide, they will not have to go thru quarantine again. fish have already been quarantined.

All of that list of fish have long been sent out. Please refer to the latest for what's coming available.

kev