PDA

View Full Version : Hello people

AdelaideAnt
Fri Jul 22, 2005, 01:01 PM
Hi there people, long time no post. How have people been? Since selling my discus i got back into my beloved cichlids. I keep some Cyathohparynx Foai *Sumbu* and a pair of multifasciatus shell dwellers. The colony of Foai have just started breeding and should produce some bubs in no time. As some of you well know i've been moderating on the Australian Cichlid Forums so i'm still on the net quite regularly. Well anyway, i havn't totally gone off of discus, they are still the kings of the aquarium in my eyes but simply don't have enough time on my hands these days, but i still plan for keeping discus in the future. I've nearly finished my teaching degree now and will likely be heading off to teach in whyalla next year and will actually have some money for more tanks...YAY.

Anthony

kalebjarrod
Fri Jul 22, 2005, 09:24 PM
Hay Ant

nice to see your smily face here again

and thanks for the knid welcome to ACE the other day :wink:

AdelaideAnt
Fri Jul 22, 2005, 11:02 PM
Hehe, yes I appointed myself as the ACE concierge and it has stuck. How is your bit of resuch on lake malawi going? Sorry if i didn't reply to your return PM. Need any help i should be able to find some info for ya. What in particular were you trying to find out?

Anthony

Kaza
Fri Jul 22, 2005, 11:23 PM
Hi Anthomy,
Long time no hear!
Are you still working at Simons on the weekend?

AdelaideAnt
Fri Jul 22, 2005, 11:35 PM
No, wish i was. There is no work for me as the moment with Simon, Sheree and Jamie working Saturdays and some week days. Plus i now live down at Mclaren Flat and am a bit further away. How are your discus going Karen?

Anthony

Kaza
Sat Jul 23, 2005, 10:47 AM
Great, I need more tanks, I have 5 breeding pairs now and I have been selling fry to a lfs. I am hoping to actually see them pay for themselves sortly. I am also about to buy 5-6 young adults to boost my breeding stock. With uni there is never a dull moment.

kalebjarrod
Sat Jul 23, 2005, 10:11 PM
Hay Ant Man

my little fishes are going great

i would have posted a pic at ACE but ................ i don't know how

heres one anyway lol

Thanks mate

AdelaideAnt
Sun Jul 24, 2005, 12:07 AM
Ryan-

Nice tank mate, whats in there? I see some Maleri gold and what looks to me like a marigold peacock (hybrid) they are nice "display" fish.

Kazza-

Have you tried selling any fry to Simon? He's usually happy to take locally bred fish.

How is uni going? It is definately hard to find time between work and uni for fish (which is why i got out of discus). How are you animals going during the winter?

Anthony

Merrilyn
Sun Jul 24, 2005, 09:44 AM
Anthony :P :P :P :P :P Great to see you back here.

We missed you :wave

Kaza
Mon Jul 25, 2005, 03:39 AM
Anthony,
I asked Simon and he agreed but when I rang to say I was bring them in Sherie said they could'nt afford to buy discus. Uni's going great, like you said just hard to fit everything in. However just another two years and I will be a speech path, this semester I am also finishing my BA majoring in education. Animals have been fine over winter, I had a heater go on a pair and lost all the fry, but hey *hit happens.

AdelaideAnt
Mon Jul 25, 2005, 11:16 AM
Kaza, talk to 'Simon' not shiree...lol..see what he says.

Lady, thanks :oops: