PDA

View Full Version : HBH Aqua-Pure filter pads

SLS
Fri Jul 15, 2005, 11:20 PM
Aqua-Pure Carbon Pad

Impregnated with small, carbon bits. These carbon pieces create a large surface area that traps and removes water discoloration, odor, residual medications, toxins, pollutants and dissolved fish waste. Designed to be cut to fit almost any filter application, including hanging filters, pond filters, trickle filters, wet/dry filters, drip trays, canister filters, powerhead attachments, and many other mechanical filter applications. Each cut-to-fit aquarium filter pad is made of a long-lasting, durable polyfiber material perfect for aquarium use. For freshwater and marine aquariums.

AU$14.95

http://www.discusforums.com/images/carbon.jpg

Aqua-Pure Phosphate Pad

Impregnated with special phosphate-absorbing particles to pull phosphates from aquarium water. The use of phosphate filter media will reduce the need for frequent water changes & reduce many other mechanical filter applications. Designed to be cut to fit almost any filter application, including hanging filters, pond filters, trickle filters, wet/dry filters, drip trays, canister filters, powerhead attachments, and many other mechanical filter applications. Each cut-to-fit aquarium filter pad is made of a long-lasting, durable polyfiber material perfect for aquarium use. For freshwater and marine aquariums.

AU$15.95

http://www.discusforums.com/images/phosphate.jpg

goldfish
Sat Jul 16, 2005, 03:06 AM
hi SLS

is the Aqua-Pure Phosphate Pad re-usable?
eg. when we use in the canister filters, and after we clean it out, is the pad still effective after cleaning?,,or it last for like 6months and we have to change to a new one?

And also the carbon pad, i have a planted tank that i add in liquid fertilisers weekly, will this pad absorb the fertilisers?,,

thx

Proteus
Sat Jul 16, 2005, 11:09 AM
From what I have learnt, no they are not reusable, as is the case with most chemical media items.

The pads are designed to be used within HOB, canister filters and the like, for example, one pad will last over year on most AquaClear models, as you only cut out the size you need, then remove it after 4-8 weeks and replace it with a new pad.

You must also remember that chemical filtration is something that should only be used when required, i.e removing meds, odours, discoloured water, excessive phosphates, etc etc

HTH

goldfish
Sat Jul 16, 2005, 02:39 PM
thx Proteus

btw,,whats HOB?

Proteus
Sat Jul 16, 2005, 10:48 PM
Hang On Back (i.e AquaClears)