PDA

View Full Version : The next Photo Competition

Proteus
Thu Jul 14, 2005, 11:30 PM
Currently we are seeking suggestions for the next photo competition.

Maybe something abstract? although still aquarium related?

Mattzilla
Fri Jul 15, 2005, 12:12 AM
sounds good to me

what are the chances of getting a sponsor to donate a couple of young discus as prizes??? (hint hint SLS etc)

with some major prizes the competition wouold be fearce

what do you think?

goldenpigeon
Fri Jul 15, 2005, 12:25 AM
yeah!!!

Roy
Fri Jul 15, 2005, 01:08 AM
How about top down photo (glass off, looking in) ??
Feeding time ??
In the cabinet equipment ??

Roy

chrissyoscar
Fri Jul 15, 2005, 05:19 AM
Ok we could have a breeding section which can include photos of eggs, wrigglers, fry with parents etc.
We can have a photo of the most unusual looking discus (no sick discus). Nicest looking discus tank and nicest discus picture.
Not sure what else you can judge on unless you want a section for non-discus pictures as well.

Oscar

duck
Fri Jul 15, 2005, 05:31 AM
I really like to see another full planted tank in there somewhere.

sammigold
Fri Jul 15, 2005, 10:23 AM
how about photos of "the discus that looks most like its owner!" :lol:

kalebjarrod
Fri Jul 15, 2005, 09:28 PM
i like the idea of breeding pics

somthing that we can use for a pictorial database for helping beginers in breeding

pics of laying, dancing, fertizling, etc etc

marg
Wed Jul 20, 2005, 04:33 PM
I agree with Ryan - something like that would greatly assist beginners (like me), and would probably cut down on a bit of typing for Merrilyn & Proteus (lioke the old saying, "seeing is believing" - seeing Photographs tells you what is happening and why.

Proteus' project of a Planted Tank is a great idea too - if Photo's are taken along the way and things are explained the project progresses, like what type of Filtration system, Photos and an explanation as to why that particular Filtration system was chosen, types of Plants - with Photos, Discus tankmates - with Photo's - I could go on forever, but what I am trying to get across is to suggest to do the whole thing step by step (may bore some members who are well versed in what to do, why to do it and how to do it), but very interesting to learners like myself.

Just my thoughts anyway.

discusguy
Wed Jul 20, 2005, 06:35 PM
we could do pictures of pairs. I like the ideas of breeding pics. most unusual is good also. hey, do ya'll have a photo of the month contest here? or something like that. that would be good.

Proteus
Wed Jul 20, 2005, 11:43 PM
We have had a Photo Comp which has just finished, however we want to get something more regular on the schedule (every 2 months IMO is a better option).

Myabe 2 pic categories -

Breeding Pairs

Equipment

Hopefully we can have this finalised and underway by the 1st of August, also I will try and contact the sponsors and see if they can offer some type of prize, as the last prizes were kindly donated by ladyred.

marg
Thu Jul 21, 2005, 05:49 AM
How about funniest pairs - not necessarily Discus either (only cause I've got a funny pair in my Discus Tankmates section). Just Joking, but there are heaps of ideas we could use for a photo Comp.

DR.V
Sun Jul 24, 2005, 08:20 AM
When will the new photo competition commence ??