PDA

View Full Version : Oscars an plecs(non-discus related)

cody
Thu Jul 14, 2005, 01:41 AM
I would like to know how common are sailfin plecsL083 are in australia particuarly in victoria an how well they go with oscars an the same questions again agout the pin striped royal plecs I plan to have two tiger oscars an two plecs in my new 120 gallon tank(4*2*2)I have pretty good filtration with a 1200l\h xternal filter and a 1000l\h xternal filter i also wondered about the growth rate of plecs and what sort of water flow do oscars like im not sure if two plecs might be two much any help on these fish would be appreciated

sammigold
Thu Jul 14, 2005, 01:01 PM
Both Plecs and Oscars grow very big. So waste might be an issue you would have to keep your water changes regular. I don't think they would be a problem living together. I have oscars with a Synodontis Eupturis Catfish and they live together fine. Sometimes the catfish tells them to nick off but the oscar pretty much leave him to his own devices. They dont tend to hang around the bottom of the tank that much.. I think they would be fine just keep in mind how large both of these fish grow...

goldenpigeon
Thu Jul 14, 2005, 11:32 PM
sailfin plecs arnt that common and usually expensive. they are quite hard to find in lfs's (i can get them for $25 at 4cm atm! bargain ;) ) u would need to look around

taksan
Fri Jul 15, 2005, 08:47 PM
Those pin striped royal Plecs start at about $550 for babies and go all the way up up up up .....

the pin striped royal plecs I plan to have

Merrilyn
Fri Jul 15, 2005, 10:33 PM
Welcome to the forum Taksan. Don't I know you from somewhere :wave

:lol:

Proteus
Fri Jul 15, 2005, 10:59 PM
like this...

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/files/dscn2336__small_.jpg

cody
Tue Jul 19, 2005, 06:45 AM
Is it just me or did everyting taste jealous for a second

Proteus
Tue Jul 19, 2005, 10:24 AM
taste jealous???

cody
Tue Jul 19, 2005, 10:50 AM
Where can i get one cheaper recon i wouldnt go any higher than $200 for a fish just on principal and yes jealous tastes just like purple