PDA

View Full Version : Worms on my glass

Sime76
Sat Jul 09, 2005, 02:32 AM
Hey Folks,

I was just staring into one of my tanks and noticed a longish worm about 1 cm long floating, wriggling around. Then on closer inspection there is a heap of tiny worms about 1 mm long a bit thinker than a hair cruzin around on the glass. Any one know about these, are they bad or what?

Sime

kevkoi
Sat Jul 09, 2005, 02:41 AM
Planaria worms.... harmless little things.

U've been overfeeding your tank a little too much. Siphon the gravel and cut back on feeding and they should die back.

Do a google search on "Planaria worms". Will tell u all there is to know about them.

cheers

Sime76
Sat Jul 09, 2005, 03:30 AM
cool!, the weird thing is I haven't been over feeding I was actually badly neglecting this tank, I guess its due bits of food traped in the gravel over a long period of time.
This tank now houses the pair of Orange Flash Cacs. I emptied out the tank and gravel replaced it with filter sand. So I guess the worms should dissapear soon.

BTW Kev, I picked up the Cacs just last night, they looking good. I'm looking forward to them colouring up.
And you are killing me with the lists of apistos you got availble to order, I want them all!! I imagine I will most probably be getting in touch for prices on a few of them.

Sime