PDA

View Full Version : London Bombing

Merrilyn
Fri Jul 08, 2005, 12:01 PM
Just wanted to say that our every good wishes go out to those who have family and loved ones in London. Hope they are all safe and well. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this terrible time.

My own daughter is working in London at the moment, and was just 2 minutes away from the centre of the blast. Fortunately she is safe and well, but it is a great tragedy for many.

ctvu
Fri Jul 08, 2005, 01:34 PM
Hi all and especially England Members here

I don't know what to say but my heart goes down for the victims and my prayers go for the injuries and the families.
May God bess you all.

ctvu

weird
Fri Jul 08, 2005, 02:20 PM
My prayers go out to all the injured, and the families and friends of those that have suffered and are providing support from such evil and cowardly acts.

chrissyoscar
Fri Jul 08, 2005, 11:24 PM
Words really can't describe what I'm feeling so I'll just say my prays are with the victims and there familys.

Oscar

goldenpigeon
Sat Jul 09, 2005, 12:57 AM
i think it is really sad what ppl do to our own kind :( i think alot of it is because they want attention and it is very hard sometimes to understand them.... but bombings surely arnt the answer....

Littlefish
Sat Jul 09, 2005, 02:21 AM
Well said, Junior.

Nobody wins, whether it's bombs, missiles, mines, mortars.

I have family in both New York and London. It's sad that we have been so overloaded with senseless death that we barely take any notice of the daily carnage in the world unless our own people are affected.

In 2000 my wife and I, with our two sons, were on a London underground train with my brother and sister-in-law. The train stopped halfway between stations for a few minutes and we all had a laugh about coming to London to see the sights and being jammed in like sardines looking out at the tunnel walls. Doesn't seem funny now.

Fred

Benny
Sat Jul 09, 2005, 02:30 AM
i think its more barbaric stupidity then anything else...

Is so much easier to blame others for problems, then to look at themselves first... Nobody is perfect, but attacking innocent civilians, where ever it occurs, London, New York, Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Baghdad... IS SIMPLY WRONG

Civilian casualties are not acceptable. Nor is parralleling terrorist attacks specifically aimed at civilians, with accidental civilian casualties when attacking a enemy target..

Its tragic how perverted these people really are, and how they are tarnishing what is at its core a very beautiful religion (Islam).... However no religious extremeism is ever going to help world peace, no matter what faith it is.

I have friends that dont admit their faith being Islam because of these fools, and their extremism...

Peace out,
Oh btw, I'm not Muslim, or and form of Christian faith either.

My heart goes out to all the families affected by these cruel and horrific events just passed, and that the heathen people responsible are brought to justice.

Shawnts106
Sat Jul 09, 2005, 04:06 AM
Thanks you guys we are worried here.. I have a cousin and his wife and child in london and we have heard nothing from them! so we are very worried here!

marg
Sat Jul 09, 2005, 04:45 AM
I also feel very sad for the people hurt by this senseless act, be they victims or relatives of victims, they are all hurting. I don't understand war one bit. As soon as I saw it erupt on Television a whole mixture of emotions went through me, the same as the Twin Towers. I remember watching the newsflash and thinking it was a joke - I couldn't beleive that it could be real - but it was.

I agree with everyone on the forum - why attack harmless civilians?

I know that no-one wants to say it, but the other thing that goes through my mind continually is when does Australia cop her attack?. It stands to reason that we will be attacked, the only question in my mind is when and where?.

I remember when I was a kid growing up we used to go and watch the Anzac March every Year, and the awe that I used to feel for the men and women who had fought to save our Country so that we could all have better lives - now our people don't go to fight the wars - the war comes to us whether we want it or not - no-one has a say do they?.

I look and my grandchildren and at times feel absolute terror for what is in store for them, because in reality, Vietman was the last war that really affected Australia - and war was fought differently then. Now it is Atomic warfare, suicide bombers and Bombs on buses and trains killing and maiming innocent people.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that the Vietnam War was right - I am against any form of War, but IMO the way that war is being fought now is COWARDLY - they haven't even got the guts to fight - they just slimily plant bombs and slink away to watch the mass pain and destruction that they cause.

It is terrible to thinks that your Wives, Husbands and Children can head off to work or school in the morning and because of some lunatic that is the last you may ever see of them. Words cannot express how I feel.

As for the perpetrators "You can't put Brains into Monuments".

goldenpigeon
Sat Jul 09, 2005, 04:51 AM
d@mn shawn!!! i hope they r ok... there seems to be no conclusion to terrorism!

sammigold
Sat Jul 09, 2005, 07:54 AM
Merrilyn, Im so glad to hear that your daughter is safe and well.
Shawn, My prayers go out to you. I hope your family members are also safe. the hardest part about being far away is not being able to contact loved ones in an emergency. (lines busy etc) I wish you well. Also you mentioned a hurricane in another thread. I hope that didn't hit you too hard!!!
And as said by everyone. This senseless violence is a sad reflection of societys extremes!

jim from sydney
Sat Jul 09, 2005, 09:31 AM
At a time like this we think we are so far away from it all.....but when i read all the stories from members having family in London, we realise that it is a small world. I was in Heathrow the day after 9/11 and simply couldnt move in the airport. from here we can only imagine...my God if you are in it .......and experience things first hand.....you become another person...caring for each other...helping and doing the impossible sometimes......
My thoughts go to all who were hurt and their love ones.....but also to those who not only helped but did things for the injured that normally seem impossible to do......
.A wise man ones said....."hurt will only make us stronger"....i am sure this is so....lets remember it......
To all our Forum members in London...you can be sure we are with you.......Jim