PDA

View Full Version : My one surviving fry

Dave76
Thu Jul 07, 2005, 06:24 AM
Well after all of my hassles with sick & dying discus I've had one fry survive where all up I've lost 9 adults & juvis.

This little guy/girl has also been through heavy prazi, metro & salt treatments.

Started free swimming on 21st May - any opinions on how he/she is going size size would be great.

Thanks all

Dave

ctvu
Thu Jul 07, 2005, 10:33 PM
Hi Dave

At least you got something after the big battle.
I have to tell you that that little cutie survives after all; he/she will be the strongest one and grow very healthy later on.

ctvu

Dave76
Fri Jul 08, 2005, 12:26 AM
Thanks ctvu

I can't wait for this fish to grow up & see the colouration forming - mum is a Rosered X alenq (the now headstander) & dad is a huge blue turq.

Do you know how big they should be on average at various stages (1 month, 2 months etc) ?

Dave

ctvu
Fri Jul 08, 2005, 12:34 AM
Hi Dave

that should be interesting strain I'd like to see it too.

Sorry I don't know much about the growth rate.
Currently I know of some one who has many many Blue diamond babies.
Ben can you help Dave please?

HTH

Ctvu

DiscusMad
Fri Jul 08, 2005, 02:03 PM
Hi Dave

At least you got something after the big battle.
I have to tell you that that little cutie survives after all; he/she will be the strongest one and grow very healthy later on.

ctvu

:lol: i thought that too once i had a bunch of ram fry that most died off after feeding them some fresh hach srimp from 120 fry I was left with 6 babies well....... some looked a bit odd but i couldn't figure out what it was but when after 8 months I have 2 blue rams as big as my thumb nail 1 thats normal size and shape 2 that look like there heads look like parot beaks and one with no colour at all and grew bigger than its dad