PDA

View Full Version : Pair's everywhere

duck
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 01:29 PM
Just thought i like to share.
As i like to keep my tanks planted with discus there could no better combination but i have 2 pairs now and breeding like no tomorrow.
I have wriggler's and another pair just getting in some practice.
All i want to do is keep discus not breed them :roll:
The parent's of the little wriggler's keep a carefull eye on them it's amazing to watch.
I feel sorry for the other discus, looks they will get suck in the middle of the tank as both side's of the tank have a pair.

But i'm happy :D , if some live through the stress of a community tank the chance's are that i will give them away.

DR.V
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 01:33 PM
wow great to hear that they're breeding in your lovely tank ^^

goldenpigeon
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 01:58 PM
what you could do is for your discply is pick out all the males or females and have a 1 sex discus display. the males are usually nice i find.

and you could make some $$$$ for proven females :D

duck
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 10:55 PM
what you could do is for your discply is pick out all the males or females and have a 1 sex discus display. the males are usually nice i find.

and you could make some $$$$ for proven females :D

Thats a thought,Unfortunetly i can't part with any of them.
It took a long time to get these discus :) .

Proteus
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 11:42 PM
Sounds like my planted tank, a 5x2x2 with 16 Discus in it...

I thought I had 5 proven pairs in there, but much to my surprise, 2 RSG's which always hide behind a large stump are up the front with 20-30 wrigglers attached. (fingers crossed they last due to the number of fish in the tank).

When the time is right I will be seperating them for breeding purposes.

jwight
Thu Jun 30, 2005, 02:37 PM
firstly you make me sick lol just joking (well im not, im jealous then) well done hopefully mine will too soon.

Merrilyn
Thu Jun 30, 2005, 02:44 PM
What a lovely problem to have. Congratulations duck. See they just love that beautiful tank. :P

chris
Fri Jul 01, 2005, 11:21 PM
Ive got the same problem Duck two pairs in a 5x2x2 tank. The rest of the lot, three of em have to occupy the middle. They cant move forwards or backwards with out getting hassled.
When theres wrigglers its even worse :!: