PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

glstine
Tue Jun 28, 2005, 05:13 AM
Just thought I would give a hello to all. Been keeping discus for only 1-1/2 years and been searching for a decent forum. All the ones of run across before had somewhat snooty members. Every one here seems pretty easygoing. Been browsing and learned a bit today. Look forward to more useful info and maybe I can add something as well every now and then.

goldenpigeon
Tue Jun 28, 2005, 05:21 AM
yo yo yo punk and welcome to DF.com :D

i think you will find this is the best discus forum there is!!!! every1 here is nice and all of us are here to help! :D

cya round some time :D

wifey of axelfaz
Tue Jun 28, 2005, 10:16 AM
Welcome glstine :)

glstine
Tue Jun 28, 2005, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the kind welcome (I think - hope punk means something different there than it does here). Look forward to learning from more experienced discus keepers.

Merrilyn
Tue Jun 28, 2005, 04:23 PM
Hi glstine and welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your time with us.

I see some of the gang have already introduced themselves :D

Goldenpigeon is one of our younger members (in fact, the youngest on the forum I think). Sorry about the language barrier. Yes it does have a much more gentle meaning here in Aus.

GP, now that we have a lot more international members, it might be an idea to think up another greeting :wink:

The rest of the gang will no doubt introduce themselves shortly.

Love to see some pics of your fish when you have the time :P

marg
Tue Jun 28, 2005, 05:03 PM
Hi glstine.

You will find everyone on this Forum great to talk to - everyone seems to have a good sense of humour and if ever you have any problems everyone is only too glad to offer assistance and advice. I tried a few other Forums before I happened onto this one, and since I've started with this one I haven't bothered going back to the others.

Welcome aboard, hope we hear more from you.

Fishpimpin73
Tue Jun 28, 2005, 06:49 PM
:shock:

Is that another American I see?

YAY!!

:wave

Welcome to one of the greatest forums on the net :wink:

glstine
Tue Jun 28, 2005, 07:41 PM
Yep another yank (although being in Texas I would probably get shot calling myself a yank). :D Noticed there's a few of us here.
Currently only have 2 Blue Diamonds moved them from a 29 gallon to 55 gallon a few weeks ago. Will try to get some pics, right now lights not to good on the tank (standard lights that come with the tank, gotta up those too) so don't know how pics will turn out.

Fishpimpin73
Tue Jun 28, 2005, 10:07 PM
Not to worry........

Some of us don't even KEEP discus :shock:

sammigold
Tue Jun 28, 2005, 11:45 PM
hi there Im new too. everyone has been really welcoming and they know their fish as well!!! Have fun!!

goldenpigeon
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 01:45 AM
ok merrilyn sorry bout thato :roll:

ill just be a boring punk like lambo ..... here we u ready ppl?

"Hi and welcome to DF.com... would u like fry with that? :D "

nah lambo ur kool mate ;)

sorry bout the missunderstanding LOL

ctvu
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 02:50 AM
Hi glstine

Welcome to Down Under Discus forum.
And pls forgive Junior if you feel offended.

ctvu

glstine
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 03:15 AM
Oh, I'm not offended. I figure it's just a different meaning than we have here. Can't say I'm familiar with down under slang, maybe I'll learn some lingo as well as something about fish.

Shawnts106
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 04:08 AM
WOOO, yeah I like this forum! Im American too... HI, Im from ALABAMA! ... but not a redneck! ERRR!!! I suspose that most people hear.. oh your from Alabama and they immediatly think.. REDNECK!... no thats not the case.. .just in some parts! HAHA!!!

Hello Texan! hows it going?

David... HOW OLD ARE YOU?
Youngest member... Possibly I am?.. I duno just curious!

EH MATE!!! haha

marg
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 04:16 AM
Golden Pigeon you are a real dag, but seriously, that's a good opening - you obviously have a great wit :lol: :lol: :lol: . I'm sure Ladyred is going to get a good laugh out of that one.

For the benefit of the Americans, a dag is someone who is a bit of a card, or funny, or strange (but in a nice way - not nasty at all), and you will find that Ryan is just that :wink: :wink: - he's always got something funny to say. He is not an oldie like some of us on this Forum (he is a student but I don't know his age) however all jokes aside, he knows a lot about Discus :D :D .

You will find however that his favorite saying is LOL (Laugh out Loud).

goldenpigeon
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 06:00 AM
LOL hahahaha ok for the ppl that dont know my old age and everything im a student in grade 9 and im 14 years old.

margot if u wanna c the best of my "wit" go to AFF and go to the lounge and on the "ode to rhyme" thread bout page 5 you can have a laugh ;)

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL ;) :lol:

Katie
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 08:24 AM
Yep David is 14 going on 40! :twisted:
Big 'ello to you glstine. Welcome to the wacky, zany (amd just abit crazy) Discus Forum. :D

goldenpigeon
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 08:55 AM
lol k8ie :lol:

Littlefish
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 11:08 AM
Don't worry, glstine, I'm an Aussie and I still have no idea what yo yo yo punk means.

You'll soon learn to love Junior, though. He can't be offended as far as I know. I reckon you could chuck rocks at him and he'd come up laughing! He's a bit misguided about Rugby League, however.

C'mon, Junior, big kiss for Uncle Fred XXX :lol:

goldenpigeon
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 11:19 AM
lol

*starts smooching behind the door.... the Junior realises he promised himself he would NEVER be gay*

*actually Junior runs to the toilet and starts vomiting.... doesnt come out for a week*

well if you actually threw rocks at me it would be hard to laugh.... but i guess i could come up with a giggle :lol:

Shawnts106
Thu Jun 30, 2005, 03:56 AM
.. this thread is really turning a bit on the scary side!...

goldenpigeon
Thu Jun 30, 2005, 03:59 AM
lol how? hahahahaha