PDA

View Full Version : SLS: Available discus/altums TODAY!! (with prices)

kevkoi
Sun Jun 26, 2005, 03:20 AM
Last shipment was sent in 2 Thursday ago

Below are the prices, please call to check stock availability:
SLS tel: 02-93155288

Discus available on that shipment:

Penang Eruption breeding pair 4.5" - On HOLD
Penang Eruption (fine spotted) 2.5" - $90ea
Super Red/White 3"-3.5" - $70 (SUPER SPECIAL!! Value buy)
Maze red Tuquoise 3"-3.5" - $75 (Big fish, good shape)

Yellow Melon 2" - $60
Golden mozaics 2" - $70

Snow white discus 4" - $140ea
--------------------------------------------------------
other fish:

Wild Orinoco Altum angels 15-20cm tall - Singapore imports --- 5pc available - $OLD!!

Tank bred Orinoco Altums angels 4cm tall (tiny) - German bred. German imports ----- 20pc available!! - $OLD!!!

Venezualan wildcaught rams - German imports (Very stable) - $18.95 (SUPER VALUE BUY!!!)

Apistogramma cacatuoides "Orange flash" - German imports - $35ea

--------------------------------------------------------

Also availabe at SLS currently, limited numbers

Lamprologus meleagris (The REAL Pearly occelatus) - RARE!! SOLD.

Puntius denisonii (Red line torpedo barb) - $45 or 6 for $240

Platydorus costatus (Talking raphael cat) - $POA

cheers
Kev

buttnaked
Sun Jun 26, 2005, 05:02 AM
Maze red Tuquoise - how much and when are they out of QT

Davo
Sun Jun 26, 2005, 05:13 AM
Kev,

Any pictures of the Yellow Melons?

Thanks,
Dave.

kevkoi
Mon Jun 27, 2005, 01:56 AM
Discus and cichlids out on the 7th July. Pictures will be available as soon as possible, prices will be available prior to discus release from Quarantine.

Yellow melon.... solid yellow fish, red eye rims. We've seen the pics of the strain before.

kevkoi
Wed Jul 06, 2005, 01:25 AM
Pictures as requested... though must appologise for less than professional photography. :wink:

Breeding pair, Penang eruption large.

kevkoi
Wed Jul 06, 2005, 01:28 AM
some more photos...

Yellow melon
Eruption (small)
Golden mozaic
Red/white
Maze/mozaic turq

kevkoi
Wed Jul 06, 2005, 01:30 AM
few more pics.

kevkoi
Wed Jul 06, 2005, 01:32 AM
some more..

Dave76
Wed Jul 06, 2005, 01:33 AM
Gee that eruption pair look REALLY nice .......

kevkoi
Wed Jul 06, 2005, 01:34 AM
Altum angels...

Benny
Wed Jul 06, 2005, 02:32 AM
any idea of prices at all mr kev?

Any DF specials ;)

kevkoi
Thu Jul 07, 2005, 12:58 AM
Benny, prices have just been posted....

mcloughlin2
Sat Jul 09, 2005, 05:14 AM
How much is the breeding pair of penang eruption going for..?

kevkoi
Sat Jul 09, 2005, 05:34 AM
They have been SOLD and collected.

These fish were pre-ordered by a customer.

We do take orders for that special fish you are after..... :wink:

mcloughlin2
Sat Jul 09, 2005, 05:44 AM
Around how much do proven pairs cost?

SLS
Sat Jul 09, 2005, 06:57 AM
Hi guys,

Just to let you all know, these prices are Discus Forum *SPECIALS*.

So be sure to mention that you are a member for these prices. :wink:

Cheers,

Michella :)

fishinggame
Sat Jul 09, 2005, 07:06 AM
Just thought i would let everyone know that i have bought a few pairs from SLS and could not be happier with the fish i have purchased from there.
The quality of the fish i have purchased have been second to none and 2 of the 3 prs i have purchased laid and raised fry within a week of getting them settled into the quarantine tanks,
On top of this there after sales service has been excellent willing to share there extensive knowledge with you
Cheers
Tony

mcloughlin2
Sat Jul 09, 2005, 07:13 AM
Hi fishinggame do u mind me asking how much ur pairs cost u..?

fishinggame
Sat Jul 09, 2005, 07:27 AM
the prices varied but it is as the old saying goes you only get what you pay for applies (especially with discus fish) but the pairs what not much different to buying individual fish that you do not know if they will pair or not
Tony
have sent you PM

Proteus
Sat Jul 09, 2005, 07:58 AM
As Tony has said, you get what you pay for, however even the cheaper fish are still great fish.

To have a confirmed pair, especially ones which are spawing either in QT or in the store eliminates a lot of guess work for those who seriously want to breed the fish.

Also, people cant expect to pay $200-$300 for a pair of bread & butter fish, to breed and onsell, you can, but the value of the offspring is determined by the breeding stock.

i.e. if you pay $700-$800 for a proven pair, and you successfully spawn them, the offspring will hold a higher value.

Then you get your hobbyists, personally I dont care what the offspring may get, I just want nice fish, pairs or not.

mcloughlin2
Sun Jul 10, 2005, 04:59 AM
Hi kevkoi or some1 from sls i was wondering if it is possible for u to send me a pm or post a list of the discus breeding pairs u can order in with cost,size etc..

Cheers

kevkoi
Sun Jul 10, 2005, 03:30 PM
I can't post you a list of "breeding pairs" available in Penang.... U have to tell me what sort of fish you are interested in and I will go search the breeder's breeding rooms for a fish worth buying. Let me also know what sort of a budget you are working on.

For starters, to purchase true young breeding pairs... ie the breeder's breeding stock, don't expect it to be cheap. Also some breeders will not sell their prized fish at whatever cost. Buying breeding pairs is sort of like offering a breeder a price he cannot refuse to part with his fish. I once offered US$2000 on a pair of discus I was trully impressed with, but the breeder flatly refused it. (One spawn of the fry could potentially earn the breeder double that amount!)

On the other hand, SLS often purchases young 4" sub-adults. These tend to pair up in our display tanks and ppl buy them at good prices and successfully breed these.

The risk is that the 'pairs' may be both female!! ( :lol: Ask Matzilla about that! LOL.... ) or may be too young to successfully raise fry yet. However, with a bit of patience and luck, it usually works out. :wink:

Hi kevkoi or some1 from sls i was wondering if it is possible for u to send me a pm or post a list of the discus breeding pairs u can order in with cost,size etc..

Cheers

skoom
Mon Jul 11, 2005, 06:59 AM
So do animals also display homosexual traits? What's the story on this one? Sounds like an interesting and funny story....please tell.....

endless
Mon Jul 11, 2005, 09:19 AM
noooooooooooooo!!!! i've been searching for altums for an eternity. How much did you sell the 20cm and the 4cm altums for. Anyone know of an aquarium that sells altums in melbourne??? Are orinoco altums the same as venezualan altums. I didnt know people had successfully breed altums

Proteus
Mon Jul 11, 2005, 10:30 AM
I believe there is another batch on there way as we speak