PDA

View Full Version : New person

jshewl
Wed Apr 14, 2004, 03:44 PM
Hello all :D , Just found this wonderful site cruzin the net and thought I would join it. My name is Jason or (jshewl) I am 31 and live in Central California/Nipomo which is 3 to 4 hours north of L.A. I'm a Firefighter for the Department of defense and have been for 11 years. My big outlet and passion is fish (cichlids) to be exact. they have been keeping me :wink: for 5-6 years now and with great success and pleasure. I have just started to collect discus, as of a month now and what a beautiful and rewarding experience it has been. Hope to meet you all and share all aspects of discus keeping. Thanks, jshewl

Proteus
Wed Apr 14, 2004, 10:10 PM
Jason, welcome to DF.com

You certainly come from a great part of Sthrn CA, (I am one of the few Aussies that knows exactly where Nipomo is having driven through there at least 10 times in the past 14yrs). I am assuming that you wouldnt be wanting any fires at Vandenberg right??? :wink:

I would have to say the stretch of coastline from Big Sur in the Nth down to Santa Monica is one of the great sights of CA especially when driving on Hwy 1 with the Santa Lucia Range to your East... awesum

Anyways, welcome and make yourself right at home...

:D

flukes
Thu Apr 15, 2004, 06:01 AM
and thats in USA right?? :lol: jking You sure get around Proteus.

tennhound
Thu Apr 15, 2004, 11:54 PM
Hello Jason and welcome to DF hope you enjoy the site.

Yes Flukes thats in the USA.

MARIE

Cichlids_Rule
Fri Apr 16, 2004, 08:52 AM
Hi, welcome to DF

luvfishies
Sat Apr 17, 2004, 11:44 PM
Hi there Jason and welcome! Discus are awesome fish, aren't they?

*and this comes from another cichlidiot that is captivated totally by "the king of the aquarium"*

Annie
Mon Apr 19, 2004, 09:29 PM
jshewl
Welome to the DF.

AdelaideAnt
Fri Apr 23, 2004, 12:55 PM
Hello and Welcome