PDA

View Full Version : FS: 3 Sailfin Gibiceps

DR.V
Thu Jun 23, 2005, 04:37 PM
I got 3 Sailfin Gibiceps for sale.

1 is about 18-20cm $110
2 is about 10-12cm $60

Selling because they grow too big for my tank.
Sydney area, Pagewood, near Westfield EastGarden
PM me if anyone interested.

Thanks

goldenpigeon
Fri Jun 24, 2005, 05:04 AM
thats quite cheap! :shock:

good deal every1 !!!

DR.V
Fri Jun 24, 2005, 07:23 AM
well... i thought if put $200 no one will be interested right ?? although i know the real value for this size ^^

goldenpigeon
Fri Jun 24, 2005, 08:07 AM
yeah true. these r good prices every1 so take advantage of it :D

do u have any photos? good luck with selling them :D

DR.V
Fri Jun 24, 2005, 08:11 AM
its quite hard to take their photos, because they hid under driftwood. I will try when they're out.
Btw, they're all healthy !!
Thanks goldenpigeon

goldenpigeon
Fri Jun 24, 2005, 08:12 AM
cheers mate and look forward to seeing sum pics :D

DR.V
Sun Jun 26, 2005, 10:10 PM
Any reasonably offers will be accepted ^^

goldenpigeon
Mon Jun 27, 2005, 09:33 AM
yo DR.V. i will take the 2 smaller 1's for say is $30 each? if not i will make another offer.... but i need them shipped to me.

sorry about offering such a low price especially because i know what they r worth but shipping will cost atleast $40 and i am a lil low on the $$$ atm

DR.V
Mon Jun 27, 2005, 11:09 AM
i've never shipped fish before ... So i dont really know the procedure and I cant guarantee that the fish will arrive safely.
I would prefer local pick up as you can also see the fish 1st. If you dont like the fish then you can just simply walk away ^^

Im really sorry goldenpigeon

goldenpigeon
Mon Jun 27, 2005, 11:40 AM
thats alright DR.V :) got any pics of them?

DR.V
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 03:24 AM
Here's some pic of the bigger one.

Shawnts106
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 04:12 AM
I dunt get it!... whats so special about those plecos?... are they rare>>> I think I know what they are.. but I duno if its the same species.. are their common names Clown Plecos or Lepard Plecos... if so here in the US I can get these for 5us$ and they are about 2 inchs... what are they>?

Shawnts106
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 04:13 AM
hehe, BTW: I see one of your MBUNAS are Mouth Brooding :)

goldenpigeon
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 05:52 AM
i have no idea on their availability over in the US but in auz land they rnt very common. almost no1 knows how to breed them and therefore the price on them is quite high. these gibbicep (sailfin pleco's) are much nicer in person, and they are much more beutiful than the common pleco's, as well as being sailfin's.

they can get to 50cm in a huge tank and with lots of food. adults can fetch a price of $500!!!! and young 1's usually ant cheap either!

they r a vey nice fish :D

DR.V
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 06:33 AM
i cant really get pic of the smaller ones ... sorry guys

goldenpigeon
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 06:38 AM
thats ok mate nice pics i also ment to say in my last post :D

kevkoi
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 10:19 AM
Shawn, understand that downunder (in Aust), we are the land of the most expensive pleco in the world! :lol: Problem is none of the pleco type catfish are legal imports into Australia. Whatever is available is locally produced in small numbers and little sailfin plecos can be worth $50 at 5cm in the LFS. Oh and let's not even get to the trully exotics like zebra plecos.... :lol:

Roy
Thu Jun 30, 2005, 12:19 AM
My brother in law sold 3 large common plecos last week for $150 each, they were around 30cm each.
They have gone straight into a large tank in a shop display with a arowana.

Roy

Shawnts106
Thu Jun 30, 2005, 04:03 AM
SO what do you GUYS USE for ALGEA EATTERS???

OH we got in GOLD NUGET plecos today at work.. they are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo... awsome!!!!!!... they are about 5$ each I think

the sailfin Plecos you guys are talking about here... in the us, we call them Lepard Plecos or Clown Plecos I believe ... I think this is the same species, it looks the exact same.. anyway.. they are $4.98Us dollars for a 2 inch pleco... the gold nugets we got in today are SOOO AWSOME!.. bright yellow!...and we also got in some Bristlenose plecos... they have the longest fins Ive ever seen!!! they are really cool too!

goldenpigeon
Thu Jun 30, 2005, 06:36 AM
lol i use:

2 gibbeceps
3 bristle-noses
1 whiptail catfish
and farrowellas

Shawnts106
Thu Jun 30, 2005, 11:19 PM
In a planted tank? Do you have pictures of your planted tank David? I didnt know you could use Plecos with plants I seem to have bad experiences with them..Im sticking to my Little OTOS! haha

goldenpigeon
Fri Jul 01, 2005, 02:11 AM
no9 mate sorry i dont have a digi cam. my planted tank at the moment is abit of a mess. bin very busy lately. i am going to redo it when i get my fish room sorted out. then i will make it really nice :D

glstine
Fri Jul 01, 2005, 04:21 AM
I'm curious as to why something as harmless as a pleco would be illegal to import. I can understand many things, but not a pleco.